HK USP fans, question

Sorry, I like the longer barrels, something my shrink says about making up for being short:D

Rob, yea that's the nuetered/clintonized version of the UMP. Still pretty fun to tool around with.

Hey, Garry Owens from Cavalry Arms is making a lower that fits all ATF specs for putting US parts on an import, allowing it to take M3 Grease gun mags and a pistol grip and stock like the UMP.
Give me a second and I will get pics.

cavump2j.jpg

Find more out at Calvary Arms, drop them an email, or try AR15.com topic

Ill bet the sub gun is great fun! I got a friend with a S&W 76 I am trying to talk out of.

Oh man, I just got a woody! :D

Well, the top is over the counter type, the middle one you have to put in for the stamp for SBR, and the bottom you only get to play with if you have MIL or LEO letterhead.

Stinking bans :mad:

S&W 76? Does he have a SIG 550?

Man, I'm all over that conversion when it's available. 30 round mags would make me fall in love all over again.

Some Strider related content: I just got a GB and it is even cooler than I expected.

Now this threads legit:D

Martin

Check out the second link, its the update from Cavalry Arms, who also makes one piece lower recievers for the AR15 and variants out of polymer, so this isn't their first plastic toy.

As to the Strider content, I love my Striders and am waiting on some that I know will rock.

Duane, where do I get a D-9 with bayo attachments?

Reed, what is SBR? Short Barreled Rifle? I am not up on things right now, but can civilians still get new manufactured SBR's?

Forget the gun. - How about this friggin knife?
Well, as far as the H&K USP's go, my personal favorite is the USP45 Compact just because it seems to fit me the best (to include balance, ect.). Concealability isn't a concern (at least not until I move out of New Jersey). If it were then the Kahr P9 is a treat. But one can't go wrong with any USP particularly in a .45. My recommendation is to get the one that gives you the best gut feel upon picking it up as they're all some of the best on the planet.
And the Ralph/Simonich Knife as shown in the picture is a lifetime keeper.

I've only got seven USP's and my whole SWAT team are issued them. Here is my spin. I shoot the USP compact .45 very well, and I really like it for CCW stuff. Its light, reliable, fairly snag free, and is very accurate. Now for a full-size gun to carry on the Tactical belt rig, my vote goes to the USP Expert with the Universal Tactical Light. It is a great combo, and I think would have been a far better "Offensive Handgun Package" than the Mk23 pig. The sights are awesome on the Expert, and a good trigger. It has super low recoil as well, and is fully ambidextrous with its control levers and mag release. The full size USP's are very good guns, but I would definately go with a Tactical (if you want to suppress it), or an Expert if you are getting something that big anyway. The other factor is magazine availabilty. If you can't get LE magazines, then the compact is much more size efficient with 9 rounds than the much bigger full-size guns restricted to 10 rounds. Good Luck Rob, and I figure any of them will keep those big city carjackers away from you :).

Rob, that story was a gut buster. I figure that you probably have about a hundred stories of city slickers in God's country doing some pretty funny things as well. You know how it goes hanging around with this crowd-its like being a wounded fish in a shark frenzy. When I meet you in person, I tell you what I had to do to earn a "Animal Kindness" award from the SPCA. Your Montana buddies will find it amusing.

SBRs are legal, but you have to do that 4-6 month wait and get the tax stamp.

Nyeti, I agree with you on the Expert being a nice gun, and if you don't get to wear it on your leg, I would go for it, but after shooting a SOCOM, I really like it.

Does any one know how much a Mark23 cost in Germany? I know that they cost like 2 grand here in the states.

Full size. I've been carrying a USP .40 Full since they came out in 94 and it's great. Love it, it's more accurate than I'll ever be, great ergo's, etc.

Reed, he dont have a Sig 550, dang!

nyeti, I stick out like a sore thumb in the city, I am always getting in one fix or another! :D Cant wait to hear you award story! You going to Vegas for the SHOT and Classic show?

Had the compact, had the full size, had two MK23's........
Have ZERO now.
70 series Colt
Gold Guardian
Pro Elite.....

If I was going to get one to keep reguardless of their huge size...
A Tactical, To put that cool Tiger stripe that you do, a full size.

Love the 23, NO recoil, half the report of a SIG 220, but HUGE.
All of the HK's are to big, to boxy, and if you don't spend $100.00-$125.00 for the 12 round mags. whats the use of having all that size?

Love you camo work...Thought about sending you my Gold Guardian but it has Kimpro on it:( and that would be a waist.

Be sure to post pictures for us. Thanks

I left another forum over the flames I got on this subject, but here goes. If you get an "unmarked" factory 12 round USP magazine, it was stolen from the U.S. military-period. Hk never made unmarked full-size 12 round .45 mags, except for the Mk23's that were shipped to the military. Many of the spare mags have grown legs and I know for a fact that NIS and BATF have done investigations related to these thefts. So basically, you are taking a huge chance in dealing with these magazines. This is not some holier than thou attitude, or preaching, but I would hate to see some of my buddies get hung out to dry on a sting operation, or in trouble over these things. Many law enforcement firearms people are aware of this, and I know Hk is concerned about it, so it is a serious issue that is being looked at.

Back