hmm, dog-related names?

sheaths - muzzles
lanyards - leashes
sawback/thumbramp - hackles
blade with hamon - rabid (in a good way :D, the light colored wavy pattern above the edge makes me think of foam around the teeth)

the competition - neutered
my ex - :foot:

heh, j/k (except about my ex)

I like it!

So far we've decided to name the forum:

The DEN

Buyers/Owners are automatically locked into the Dog Pound. :D :D :D

Keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Nice...newbies will be pound puppies...;)

Holy hell we are all pound puppies!!! :D

I saw your main post that you guys enjoy working dogs, and can't help but think that surely one design could take the name 'Mastiff' well. Beefy, strong, fast, modest, tons of bite. Maybe a chopper?

Just a thought!

I saw your main post that you guys enjoy working dogs, and can't help but think that surely one design could take the name 'Mastiff' well. Beefy, strong, fast, modest, tons of bite. Maybe a chopper?

Just a thought!

What a wonderfull thought it is, too. If you look up my name in the spyderco forums member section you can see a hollywood shot of Finn the mastiff ( my dog).It captures the intelligence and dignity the breed shows on a daily basis to it's owners.

The original roman and saxon war dogs. In the coliseum the brutal death matches equation had two mastiffs equal to an adult male lion, 3 mastiffs per bear or bull. A wolf or unarmed ( soon literally "unarmed", or "disarmed" if you prefer) man was not considered a match for a mastiff.

The breed almost went extinct in WW1 as food rationing left no access to the around 7o lbs of quality food needed per month per dog. Shipping a few breeding pairs to the states literally saved this ancient breed from extinction

The Mastiff doesn't yap, or show aggression typically. Answering back a barking small dog is well beneath the mastiffs dignity. When the dog walks, he strolls like a lion, having a similar body shape. Not much barking but when they do, there is a distinct shockwave you will feel.

Very intelligent, learns fast, and needs it's owner. Not a dog to leave tied out back. Very expensive to purchase, feed and keep healthy. Medicines are done by weight. A worming dose may cost a Jack russell 35$, but a mastiff $90 to 110. Stable temperment. No recorded killings by(english) mastiffs since records began being kept. Joe L.

PS. Finn acknowledges that he will help in any way he can. He ( and Joe) are already fans of Tom Krein's work.

mastiffone@hotmail.com

What a wonderfull thought it is, too. If you look up my name in the spyderco forums member section you can see a hollywood shot of Finn the mastiff ( my dog).It captures the intelligence and dignity the breed shows on a daily basis to it's owners.

The original roman and saxon war dogs. In the coliseum the brutal death matches equation had two mastiffs equal to an adult male lion, 3 mastiffs per bear or bull. A wolf or unarmed ( soon literally "unarmed", or "disarmed" if you prefer) man was not considered a match for a mastiff.

The breed almost went extinct in WW1 as food rationing left no access to the around 7o lbs of quality food needed per month per dog. Shipping a few breeding pairs to the states literally saved this ancient breed from extinction

The Mastiff doesn't yap, or show aggression typically. Answering back a barking small dog is well beneath the mastiffs dignity. When the dog walks, he strolls like a lion, having a similar body shape. Not much barking but when they do, there is a distinct shockwave you will feel.

Very intelligent, learns fast, and needs it's owner. Not a dog to leave tied out back. Very expensive to purchase, feed and keep healthy. Medicines are done by weight. A worming dose may cost a Jack russell 35$, but a mastiff $90 to 110. Stable temperment. No recorded killings by(english) mastiffs since records began being kept. Joe L.

PS. Finn acknowledges that he will help in any way he can. He ( and Joe) are already fans of Tom Krein's work.

mastiffone@hotmail.com

Ha! I thought I was the only mastiff nut! Amazing, regal breed of dog. I've grown up always having one, and after school intend to get another. They are pretty much perfect, and a great family dog.

Back