Hog Hunting with knives

Dan,

Your companion knife ain't my bag of tea- but it looks like a bestseller. Just wanted to mention it.

John

"Koster Close-up"

thanks guys...keep 'em coming.

who knows...maybe I will make a contest of it. :D

my problem right now is coming up with a name for the thing...

Any suggestions?

"I think I shall call you Caleb. It is a name I have always favored."

Caleb and the pigsticker...has a ring to it.

What is its role in the hunt?

kronckew said:
hog-nose, piggly-wiggly :)

Piggy-Pruner, or a Sharp-Stick;

a Deanimation-Device, Critter-Claw, or an Iron-Incisor;

perhaps an Entrails-Explorer, a Tactical-Taxidermist, or just a Butcher's-Buddy.

n2s

I started a contest in another place online...email me privately (or send PM) for details. Thanks!

For those following the Hog Hunt & Raffle....this is the knife that I donated:

attachment.php

I've sent the Pig Sticker and the Yet-UnNamed knife off to Kenny Rowe for the "Offical Sheath"...can't wait to see what he comes up with. Thanks for all the support so far, guys. This is going to be a heckuva experience...really looking forward to it!

When's the blessed event to occur, Dan? I see on the website when the sale of raffle tickets closes, but not when the pigs are slated to meet their doom...

I believe it's Oct 24 - 27

Thanks for the reminder...:thumbup:...needs to be posted on the website.

IIRC...we're going to have somebody there with a video camera...:D

Please keep that tape for just you and yours. There a million PETA people that would love footage of this. They have already started a bill to take away coursing rabbits (which is pretty tame) here in Kalifornia that has some steam behind it.

If they had photos of real men + tough dogs + mean hogs, who knows how far they could push it!

stevomiller said:
Please keep that tape for just you and yours. There a million PETA people that would love footage of this. They have already started a bill to take away coursing rabbits (which is pretty tame) here in Kalifornia that has some steam behind it.

If they had photos of real men + tough dogs + mean hogs, who knows how far they could push it!

I don't think that it would be that big of a deal. I believe this because on the outdoor life network Tred Barta hunted a few hogs with a knife. They should all parts and it really wasn't too bad and it seems like a more humane way to dispatch them do to the control and placement.

I hear ya, stevo...dang liberals...:D

Dan Moody (who will be our guide) has videos of his hunts (Dogs on Hogs 1, 2 & 3). He hunts in areas where the owners have requested his "services" to get rid of the "pests". I wonder if any of the PETA crowd have any flyswatters? :D :p Down in South Texas, feral hogs are definitely pests.

And, on the video, you can see that when done properly, the hog goes down pretty quick.

I have seen Mr. Moody's videos, and they are pretty cool! I envy you being able to hunt with him. Although I have never stuck a hog, I have friends that keep hog dogs and know from them that a well stuck hog dies quickly. One of their partners now wears a interesting grin from getting slashed in the face by a large boar.

Dan, I think that you got the gist of what I was saying. ;) As Kis would say, "wacherass (and your legs, and your nads,etc....)".

Don't ya love that part in #2 where the lady friend takes over the camera job and starts cheering the guy on...?

"Get 'im...come on....Kill 'im....you can do it..." (I'm paraphrasing)

Definitely not for the PETA crowd...:eek: :eek:

LMAO!!!

Double-LMAO!!!!

I got the sheath in from Kenny Rowe...just need time to take a pic...tomorrow perhaps...

found time to take some pics:

:D

Beware....scary dude ahead....scroll down at your own risk!! :eek:

PigRig1.gif

Close-up of sheath

attachment.php

Unlock the pin by undoing the snap and you're ready to draw. With the pin in place, the knife does not even budge and you can't even try to force it out. Pretty cool, eh?
attachment.php

Sheath & get-up by Kenny Rowe out of Hope, Arkansas.

Leaving for the Hog Hunt on Monday!!

Attachments

• combosheath.jpg
    combosheath.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 232
  • combosheath2.jpg
    combosheath2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 237
Back