Hog Killer photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Just got this email and Andrew said it was ok to post the pics and his name:

Wanted to say thanks for making such a good blade. I had to use it to take two wild hogs in Texas once my rifle ran empty on the first 6. Attached are pics. Very effective. Chopped through shoulder bone and ribs on one swing. Thanks from a happy user.

Andrew

hog1.jpg

hog2.jpg

hog3.jpg

Looks like he mutilated that hog pretty good. :D

Don't know the whole story, just what was emailed. I sent him a link to the post here so maybe he can expand on this. However it happened, I just think those are some pretty cool photos :)

Cool, I found a new forum. This is Andrew, the one who sent in the pics. Here is the story.
We were hunting wild hogs on 1900 acres here in Texas. They are a serious problem here for ranchers. We were on foot and sleeping on the ground at night. I was shooting a 6.8 SPC and had my ESEE Junglas lashed to my backpack. I always carry it in the field. Its rare to have such a large knife with such a quality edge. I stumbled on about 14 hogs on a small pasture Sunday morning and let loose on them with my rifle. I put 6 of them down with one magazine before I ran out of ammo (hey, they were running fast!) . I had two of them still running around and didnt have time to reload, so I drew the Junglas and went after them. They were fast, but I had the fence to help me corner them. The heft and razor edge of the blade easily made 6-8" deep chops per swing, through bones, thick hide, and fat and was able to stab with zero drag. I was trying to avoid being tusked and the length of the blade was able to help keep some distance yet still get to the vitals. The brown one went down easy after that secondary stab to the lung area, angled towards the heart. The black boar refused to die. He was charging me and I couldn't get a decent stab angle, so I just kept chopping through bones from above until I could literally see his heart beating inside. I only wish I had bought one sooner. I will NEVER go afield without it ever again. Here is another pic to show the terrain and my ruck.
Notice the Junglas horizontal under my backpack.

EDIT:
For those of you that called me a fake and accused me of cutting up a dead aminal... My hunting partner reminded me that he had his camera out and managed to record the fight. Its too big to post the video, but here are some screen shots. As you can see, he is still VERY much alive and fighting.
proof2.jpg

proof4.jpg

proof1.jpg

proof3.jpg

proof6.jpg

proof5.jpg

proof7.jpg

Last edited:
Words cannot describe how awesome this is. Did you sharpen it yourself, or was this a cut made with the factory edge?

I had hacked up a bunch of mesquite trees the first week I got it and took a little of the hair popping edge away. I touched up the edge at 40 degrees with my tri-angle sharperner right before this trip and restored hair-popping status. I shaved some leg hairs with it, so it had a razor edge for this particular outing.

See, now that's what a Junglas is made for. That's why I want one so BAD!!. I'll have me one, one way or another. Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back