Hog Killer photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread has gone wild.
I hunt and although I have never personally hunted this way, I have seen predators take down prey.
I can say that a predator (in my area)will generally not take down an animal as humanely as those hogs were taken.
I for one am glad they haven't become a nuisance in my part of the world

ESEE Knives don't kill wild hogs... Andrew the Hog Hunter does...

How bout we set up a wild hog hunting trip down in TX on Andrew's property? Knives only... no firearms except a few sidearms in case some Hogs go Wild, so to speak...

You see, again, lack of real depth of understanding in my opinion and the predictable emotive language such as "diatribe" to describe which is merely an opinion. What would make it a diatribe rather than an opinion, in your opinion?

I completely understand your POV. Diatribe was a poor choice of words, your right. I appologize.

As for the hog problem here in Texas:

ARLINGTON — The Arkansas Razorbacks, who come to play Texas A&M at Cowboys Stadium this week, are a kind of hog that's welcome to visit North Texas.

Feral hogs are not.

The state has a new plan that encourages the public to hunt and trap the destructive swine.

It's that estimated two million feral hogs call Texas home. They breed quickly and are highly destructive, causing hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage.

Speaking at a news conference at River Legacy Park, Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck said the swine are not just a rural problem. "They're all over Texas. They're in Arlington. They're in this park," he said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Texas-targets-feral-hog-problem-104312789.html

Feral Hogs No Longer Just a Rural Concern
AUSTIN, Texas — Problems with exotic, invasive plants and animals—species that did not evolve in Texas and don’t belong here—continue to worsen statewide. One escalating issue involves feral hogs, which have been a problem for decades on rural ranch land, but in recent years have begun to cause damage in cities.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20070313a

I've only been here about two and a half years and I've seen hundreds of hogs. Not just deep in the woods but literally everywhere. Now granted, I work in a field that puts me in contact with them on a regular basis but coming from Jersey, where there's supposed to be a serious deer overpopulation problem and you very rarely see them, I can get a good grasp of the situation.

I've worked with farmers and ranchers trying to chemically repel the hogs to no avail and have had more than one completely cave in, give up and sell his property to developers. They then put in a gaggle of McMansions. That in turn pushes the hogs into smaller areas and closer to population centers. Regardless of their shrinking environment, they continue to breed out of control.

If the problem isn't addressed quickly, the treatment these particular hogs have recieved will be considered mild compared to what the entire population of them will face as anger and frustration grows.

Like I said previously, they need to be dispatched on sight and by any means possible as cruel and inhumane as it might seem. Folks who aren't here just don't get it. It's a war.

I completely understand your POV. Diatribe was a poor choice of words, your right. I appologize.

Thank you. We are good. My word choices aren't the best most of the time.

What is interesting is how the debate keeps getting twisted around a subject which I did not even touch on.

I never expressed an opinion about management of animal populations. I get it. I will go so far as to say human populations should be managed too. I know that may be shocking to my tree hugging persona. I don't know how it should be done. But I think it should be done. Not with a Junglas though. Maybe condoms.

I get that we are living in a time where there is ever increasing demand on ever dwindling resources and that means there has to be a balance that has to be carefully managed. And that means there has to be sacrifices. I get that too.

But as in all these types of threads you get those that immediately jump to the tree hugger / liberal stereotype because the world consists of only two types of people - Liberal and Conservative / tree hugger and badass. Well I am neither and I am both and a few other things too, to the left, to the right, and in the middle of those two poles.

My problem was and is not with population management. My problem is with how this was done and how that resulted in others expressing their desire to now have a Junglas because of the damage it inflicted on those creatures. And I get that not everyone will agree with what is humane and what is not. I don't have sufficient first hand medical training to understand all that. We live in a world where everything is so specialized that we have to rely on others opinions for expert knowledge. I just think that if given the choice of being hacked to death or shot, I would choose shot.

I made my statement for no other reason than I felt it was the right thing to do. I have no axe to grind with anybody. If I had an axe to grind, I would have done it in a smarter way. I would have destroyed a few ESEE's on video and pictures, got some of my friends to do the same, and cast doubt as to the quality of the products. That is how I would grind and axe. But, I did not think that was the right thing to do. So I did not.

And I will continue to express favorable opinions of their products if asked.

Last edited:
l2lku2, while I don't necessarily agree with you, the only problem I have with what you did is that I failed to log on in time to snap up your whole collection for $375. I'm gonna be pissed about that for a while.:grumpy::grumpy:

Like I said before, I commend you for standing up for your beliefs, though I disagree.

I take the argument (disscussion I prefer) to the management aspect because thats what I deal with and thats the basis of this for me.

If I were to see someone do the same to another animal, a coon or a squirrell for example, I'd be right with you but with a hog, I commend him for removing the animal regardless of the method.

As far as balance goes, there is no balance with these hogs. They don't belong here. They were introduced into an area of the planet where they have no natural predators, a climate that allows them to breed exponentially and a virtually unlimited food source.

For me personally, I have to create a disconnect and think of them as less than an animal. I'm an animal lover at heart but these creatures are so distructive that they have to be culled by any means possible. I realize that might seem cold hearted and inhumane but it's a neccessity. Just like a soldier is often required to kill another human being, something considered to be horrible and gastly in a polite society.

I reiterate, people who don't live here and witness the problems firsthand just can't really understand the mentality, and I for one don't expect them too.

Like I said before, I commend you for standing up for your beliefs, though I disagree.

I take the argument (disscussion I prefer) to the management aspect because thats what I deal with and thats the basis of this for me.

If I were to see someone do the same to another animal, a coon or a squirrell for example, I'd be right with you but with a hog, I commend him for removing the animal regardless of the method.

As far as balance goes, there is no balance with these hogs. They don't belong here. They were introduced into an area of the planet where they have no natural predators, a climate that allows them to breed exponentially and a virtually unlimited food source.

For me personally, I have to create a disconnect and think of them as less than an animal. I'm an animal lover at heart but these creatures are so distructive that they have to be culled by any means possible. I realize that might seem cold hearted and inhumane but it's a neccessity. Just like a soldier is often required to kill another human being, something considered to be horrible and gastly in a polite society.

I reiterate, people who don't live here and witness the problems firsthand just can't really understand the mentality, and I for one don't expect them too.
im going camping at the same site again tomorrow. i might have some hog pics after this weekend :)

l2lku2, while I don't necessarily agree with you, the only problem I have with what you did is that I failed to log on in time to snap up your whole collection for $375. I'm gonna be pissed about that for a while.:grumpy::grumpy:

Well, you never know, I have a lot of knives. Maybe Chris Reeve will post some pictures on his forum of people in the far east hacking dogs to death (dogs are a pest there, and food) with Sebenzas and then he will comment on just how well they mutilated the dogs. And then I will sell my Sebenzas.

Watch the CRK sub-forum.

I see the "other cultures" do it defence in some other places here where I am being called some names. Problem with other cultures:

I lived in the middle east for a long time. They hate dogs there because of their belief system. Dogs are dirty. So I saw much cruelty. I saw a guy swing a dog in circles by holding his leash only. Most expatriates turned away because violence against locals are not tolerated. I got out the car, beat the a**hole, was arrested etc.

Not long after, a goat was tied to a pole in the city ready for slaughter. It was being tortured and beaten in the nuts with sticks. So I dished out a few beatings myself. Was arrested etc.

Then they threw rocks at my dogs while my wife was walking them. So I handed out a few beatings. Was arrested, hit an off-duty cop, etc.

They thought they were justified. I did not agree.

Luckily I had friends in high places. But you think I should have learned by now to go with the group think. How stupid can I be?

Last edited:
I think we all just need to have a group hog...I mean hug

Got no problem with killin' hogs, even hope to get in on a hunt down here in South Alabama one day. These peanut fields are getting rooted up something fierce. But what I'm having trouble with, is where is all the blood on those hogs? With the savagery of having to hack'em to death, they should be bloody as hell! But they're not, they're as dry as a saltine! And the handle on that Junglas is spotless. Seems to me that Micarta handle would stain easily with blood. All I'm saying is that to have been shredded with a Junglas, they're some damn clean hogs! Too, without being a forensic expert, it seems to me that the slashes (long deep slashes) on the pigs' sides would be hard to achieve with a hog charging you head on! So, just some observations, I won't even begin to get into his claim of actually chasing those pigs down. I've seen some of our Alabama hogs run through the woods while hunting and there is'nt a snowballs' chance in hell you're gonna run one down!

Nah...I'm just pokin' fun. I really do respect l2lku2 for stickin' to his guns but rest assured ESEE Knives and Randall's Adventure & Training will never be politically correct, and if that costs us sales and/or customers, so be it. We build knives designed to be used in the hardest of circumstances. Recently we had a person inquire about going on one of our survival trips and asked "do you really trap and kill animals, and if you do then I don't want to participate." I simply answered "yes, we do set traps and sometimes we are not successful" and I never heard back. It is what it is and if anyone ever got the notion that we build knives only for peaceful and serene environments, then I'm sorry if we misled anyone. Again, I will say that I don't like uselessly killing anything, but when we train, we train in the most realistic circumstances we can do.

EDIT: edited out the tequila mistakes

Last edited:
No doubt with dogs. Got a friend that uses Pit-Bulls, but you ain't gonna do it on foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back