• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Hog knives finished

Some of you may have seen the sub-hilt bowie I shared recently. If not, you can see it here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1399113-Sub-Hilt-Bowie

That knife was part of a set of hog knives I was making for my brother and myself. Well, the set is now done. My knife is finished. I didn't want to make the same exact knife so mine is a bit different but still obviously part of the set.

Critiques and comments welcomed.

Blade: Aldo's A2, 11"
Guard: 416SS with black G10 and 316SS spacers, polished interior surfaces with satin finished sides
Handle: Stabilized, black dyed curly maple from Mark at Burl Source with 316 pin and lanyard tube.
OAL: 16 & 5/8"
Sheath: Kydex, cross draw with slight cant.

H4nk4Kp.jpg

Sv80rxi.jpg

63RKI1h.jpg

And the set together.

KhE4oLS.jpg

XWua8DY.jpg

otZsf9O.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, those pigs are going to get it good :)

These both came out great, Marc. I'm sure they'll both be extremely effective against those puercos!

Man, those are EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are sleek and deadly looking blades. The standard guard version is my favorite:thumbup:

Darcy

Looking good!

Back