Holiday season special deals for 12/18

Those larger bowies feel pretty fine in hand. I carry a micro bowie everyday I wear a belt which is more days than not, kind of feel nekkid without it.
I put some antler on mine cause I like antler. Actually did a couple and gave one away.
Before Yangdu had the micros made I carried a 10'' every day, the 7 or 8 is a lot more compact and convenient.
As soon as I spot a smaller Bowie that I dig I will be shooting off a swift email, that's for sure!

Fingers crossed I get the Done Deal on this Neem wood number.

I didn't mean to suggest that the micro was superior, I certainly didn't give up my larger versions, just added to like I do all the others. Just a neat handy little addition.

I didn't mean to suggest that the micro was superior, I certainly didn't give up my larger versions, just added to like I do all the others. Just a neat handy little addition.
No, no, I didn't take it that way at all, haha.

I like to try out all kinds of knives, from all kinds of places.

I believe there's at least one size bigger than that. Ndog is our resident AKB expert, I think he has a sack full and some very unique versions as well.
I gotta look, I know I got a 10'' and a 15'', not sure if I got a bigger one or not.

I was trying to dig thru some older threads and I thought I read that a forum member designed the AKB? And not all that long ago?

I think it's just a great style, very appealing. :thumbsup:

5641AC2A-3441-40CE-A7C4-85CD6303E3F3.jpegA photo of some of ndogs AKB’s. I believe his largest one is a 20-21” made by Vin kami
I was trying to dig thru some older threads and I thought I read that a forum member designed the AKB? And not all that long ago?

I think it's just a great style, very appealing. :thumbsup:

Alrighty, awesome, so I know I can keep an eye out for something in the 20 inch range, at least potentially.

Hard for me to finish this post, I keep fondling my new AKB!

Alrighty, awesome, so I know I can keep an eye out for something in the 20 inch range, at least potentially.

Hard for me to finish this post, I keep fondling my new AKB!
I know what you mean. I love mine! I probably have 5-6 and that many micro AKB’s

The micro has only been around 4 or 5 years or so. The 10'' was the smallest. I asked Yangdu if she could have a smaller version made. In the photo of Ndogs AKB, the second one down is what I carried until they made the micro which is the top one in the photo. I think I did the handle on that one. It was actually the very first one delivered after they were made.
I suggested just making 1 or 2 as a prototype to see if they would work. I think she had 28 or 30 made and they sold every last one in the first week or two.
The first ones had a short handle which I much preferred but some bigger handed folks desired a longer handle and now most of the AKB's we see are the longer version, about 8-8 1/2'' versus 7 1/2''.

Alrighty! Got the Done Deal! :thumbsup::D

I feel like I got a bargain, and that's always a good feeling. Also, thanks for the feedback and info and such, it is much appreciated.

Alrighty, awesome, so I know I can keep an eye out for something in the 20 inch range, at least potentially....

Those oversized AKBs are few and far between. It could be a very long wait, and then someone else might get it ahead of you. If you're really interested, I suggest that you email Yangdu and request a special order. You could ask her about the price when you put in the order, just to make sure it's within your range.

A special order could take many months, but you might have to wait longer for a 20" AKB to turn up in a regular posting.

Those oversized AKBs are few and far between. It could be a very long wait, and then someone else might get it ahead of you. If you're really interested, I suggest that you email Yangdu and request a special order. You could ask her about the price when you put in the order, just to make sure it's within your range.

A special order could take many months, but you might have to wait longer for a 20" AKB to turn up in a regular posting.
Thank you very much, I appreciate information like this! I'm still learning which models are rare/not rare, etc.

The bottom two I believe are Chitlangi Bowies which is a different animal but just as loveable in so many ways.

Cooped up in foul weather today, I figured, what would it hurt to see if I could combine shipping on 2 knives. So I fired off an email.

Well, my Neem wood AKB shipped yesterday and I'm just waiting to find out the shipping charge on my 3rd AKB. I think I might be hooked.

Back