Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

I agree with Mr. Becker that the MSRP is more than fair, especially with the other blades. All of this discussion is a testament to the awesomeness of the design. I don't know if the producers realized how big the enthusiasm and demand for this knife would be (and no one has even held one yet!) I've literally been visualizing a design almost identical to the BK20 for some time, Becker handle and all. Many of us just want to be able to buy more of them down the road! At any rate, I'm glad I ordered mine, and grateful to Mr. Becker for saving me a $500 trip to a custom knifemaker.

I think the price is completely fair as well.. the only thing that I wonder about is if this is really "limited edition" or not, and how Kabar will handle the situation if they do decide to make it standard. Like I stated earlier in this thread, I have no doubt that this knife is worthy of millions produced, but if Kabar plans on doing that, I think that they should have advertised this sale as a test run, a market test sale, or something of that sort instead of a "limited edition" but --------------- I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the price. -----------------I think that it is a great deal! You can't find a better price on 3 great knives brand new from the factory anywhere else! Who knows.. maybe it truly is a limited edition. Excited to receive mine!! :victorious:

Sorry for the glamour shots and crap photography skills gents. We WILL be getting lots of action shots this weekend.

Production BK20 worth the proto.

I see that the prototype has more of an arch in the clip point. It also it goes back further.

Is there a reason the production went with a shorter straight point?

I see that the prototype has more of an arch in the clip point. It also it goes back further.

Is there a reason the production went with a shorter straight point?

Ethan wanted a straight clip from the get go. The curved clip was more aesthetic, but not originally intended.

For all of you who don't want this deal because you already have a 4 and 5, maybe consider that Christmas will be coming. My extras will go to grandkids. Just a thought.

Word is they're already selling like crazy.

Heads up, if you're using internet explorer when ordering, check your cart to make sure the order goes all the way through.

The proto is okay, but imo the production model looks better.

Ethan wanted a straight clip from the get go. The curved clip was more aesthetic, but not originally intended.

I actually like the look of the proto better, which leads to my question. Do you know why did he want the straight clip from the get go? Better performance? Easier to manufacture? Just likes straight clips rather than curved?

I actually like the look of the proto better, which leads to my question. Do you know why did he want the straight clip from the get go? Better performance? Easier to manufacture? Just likes straight clips rather than curved?

E is not a fan of American Bowie designs.

Back