Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

Whoa, I step out for a bit to work on other hobbies, and this happens.

So it looks like you get a 4 and 5, and this newfangled giant mix between a BK2, BK5 (the back swedge), and a BK9 (bowie), all together?

Not sure if I need a 20 personally (the 9 and I still are getting along great), but if someones looking to unload the extra 4 and 5... I might actually be interested, as I don't have either of those :p.

Yeah, the production looks more modern and functional. I remember that proto was a friggin beast tho.

I more of a fan of the production model.

Never really cared for clip points thats why I've never bought a bk17.

Although I do have plans to buy a bk17 and straighten the clip out. :thumbup:

How possible would it be to extend and curve that clip a bit without hurting the integrity of the blade? I love the clip on the proto! I have a normal bench grinder but have never tried to reprofile this nice of a blade. It would be a hard decision though because of fear of messing the knife up or reducing its efficiency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How possible would it be to extend and curve that clip a bit without hurting the integrity of the blade? I love the clip on the proto! I have a normal bench grinder but have never tried to reprofile this nice of a blade. It would be a hard decision though because of fear of messing the knife up or reducing its efficiency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have that fear of messing it up you probably should not do it. (speaking as someone who has messed up a lot of blades) bench grinder is not going to be the best tool for the job either. belt sander would be much better. if you want to get good a modifying blades I would buy a few $20 cold steel knives (GI tanto is a great mod platform) and practice practice practice...

Just practice on a butter knife, and get the feel of it.

The Production version is much more a tool, and the Proto clip takes it a bit more into the weapon territory I think. It looks amazing though (at least to me) But I totally get the reason why the production model is what it is. I like them both Quite a bit.

If you have that fear of messing it up you probably should not do it. (speaking as someone who has messed up a lot of blades) bench grinder is not going to be the best tool for the job either. belt sander would be much better. if you want to get good a modifying blades I would buy a few $20 cold steel knives (GI tanto is a great mod platform) and practice practice practice...

Thanks for the advice!

I should have known..... Sorry. I wonder how many threads this blade will create this month.

It's all good man. Yeah, there'll be a ton of em I'm guessing.

I haven't been active here lately, and disabled the emails from ka-bar as I have been staying away from buying knives and more focused on actually finishing some to sell...and then I see this thing by accident as I opened google +, which I never do but was playing around with my new phone... it was an instant decision. Checked my cards first, paid the ones that were due and BAM! another 5 blades will be joining the stack shortly!:D To me it kinda looks like a Tops Armageddon, but made by Ka-Bar which makes it sooooo much better. Steel lust won this round.

On another note...I will be posting between 7-10 knives soon in the exchange, and as usual Beckerheads and Ka-Bar Krew get a 10% discount.

Wow - I've been in hibernation (travelling actually) great to see the new blade. Probably a very slim chance of any hitting the shores of Aus. Very nice blade.

Still waiting on my shipment email... Still waiting... Yep... Still waiting... Oh wait... Nope, still waiting ... Can't wait the test his one out in the local woods. I've got my eye on some dead standing birch that needs to be chopped into little pieces. Should be a good overall test for the blade

wildnewfie, I feel your pain. In fact, because of this I will never buy another Kabar product. You get tired of feeling like a second class citizen with all the exchange posts saying that they ship only to the USA. I've bought ESEE, BUCK, BECKER, SWAMP RAT, BUSSE, LINDER, HIMALAYAN IMPORTS, SPYDERCO and probably a few I don't remember, over the internet with zero problems. They don't want our money, fine, somebody else will.

BTW, this in no way reflects on Ethan Becker who is a class act, first, last and always.

Doc

Since I see Kabar has fixed up wildnewfie, I withdraw my comments and apologize to one and all.

Doc

Check the ESEE folder....

good one :D

Since I see Kabar has fixed up wildnewfie, I withdraw my comments and apologize to one and all.

Doc

doc, i'm guilty of this myself - limiting my for sale stuff to the u.s. only...mainly to avoid filling out customs paperwork and the extra risk of a package getting lost and the extra loopholes i'm guessing in filing an insurance claim.

with that said, if you see any of my for-sale stuff and you want something then i'll gladly make an exception for you :)

Back