Holy Grail Buck Knife?

TAH

Gold Member
What is your grail Buck knife? The one that you would sell all of your wife's shoes and your mother-in-law to proudly own, use, fondle, or just display. It might be a vintage, custom, or perhaps a knife that belongs to another member. Not one that has sentimental value like your childhood knife, a family heirloom, or the knife that cut the cord on your kid. :eek: Those knives are special for other reasons. I'm talking about the one that makes your face do this... o_O

Descriptions are acceptable, photos are even better. If you already own your grail Buck knife, then we hate you. :p Seriously, if you already own it, feel free to post a photo, but we still hate you. :D

TAH, mine was the model 206 Windsor set. A set of 6 serrated knives in a walnut chest. These I had a hard time finding in my world. Even harder than a one line 110. Though both of these cost the same. I'll get a picture up later for you. DM

Thanks David. Looking forward to the photo! :thumbsup:

I've thought long and hard about my grail knife and I think it's this little Bowie owned by Makael. It doesn't get much better than this. So, Makael, I hate you! :D

20170430_073614_zpse1gxu5sh.jpg

I've sort of grown out of wanting grail knives, as they are hard to find, costly, and I really don't need one. If the factory would make one of these in jigged bone, brown preferred, I might have to have a couple. The slab of jigged bone did not show red when I bought it. After I had the knife apart and started cutting and was disappointed in it being red in the center. Then after the frustrations of trying to put it back together I gave up my Vantage customizer desires. Now I knew why Jagg quit fixing them up.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

In the collector knife arena, if I found either one of these in a yard sale for ten dollars, I likely would wet my britches.
standard.jpg

Chuck Reeds knife

standard.jpg

NMK (Not my knife)

But I would just end up selling both of those someday. I would keep the first one till my last breaths.

Last edited:
Mine would be to have both of the Scott Sawby self locks that buck made only a few of. I had the single blade at one time, and like a dummy sold it to reach for some other shiny thing.

Thanks David. Looking forward to the photo! :thumbsup:

I've thought long and hard about my grail knife and I think it's this little Bowie owned by Makael. It doesn't get much better than this. So, Makael, I hate you! :D

20170430_073614_zpse1gxu5sh.jpg
I completely understand.:)

Hard to say what my future grail knife would be. Just any of the rare Buck Customs I guess. But as far as my all time grail knife I have 2 already.
I like the big bowie knives and the 901 d-guard is at the top of the list. Ever since I started collecting Buck knives I would do an internet search for "Buck d-guard" than
click on the images link and look at the ones that popped up. 2 that I always drooled over was an ivory service award knife and an old Frank Buck made monster of a d-guard both
of which have found me and I now own. Neither one did I go looking for. They both kind of found me. I guess I need to start drooling over some others in hopes that the same witll
happen with them.

APzLRt3.jpg

jxbXlqi.jpg

Hard to say what my future grail knife would be. Just any of the rare Buck Customs I guess. But as far as my all time grail knife I have 2 already.
I like the big bowie knives and the 901 d-guard is at the top of the list. Ever since I started collecting Buck knives I would do an internet search for "Buck d-guard" than
click on the images link and look at the ones that popped up. 2 that I always drooled over was an ivory service award knife and an old Frank Buck made monster of a d-guard both
of which have found me and I now own. Neither one did I go looking for. They both kind of found me. I guess I need to start drooling over some others in hopes that the same witll
happen with them.

APzLRt3.jpg

jxbXlqi.jpg
Sorry cool, that sheath on the bad boy is insane.

I guess I did come across another grail knife which I am working on paying for. It might be a couple months before I get it in my hands. I will be sure to add it to this thread once I get it.

happen with them.

APzLRt3.jpg

jxbXlqi.jpg
Can you get a full pic of the sheath.? :)

That I don't own and that I can recall the model numbers of,
a 103, and 111 (if the 111 is the 110 with the scrolled/engraved aluminum handles).
The one I can't recall the model number of is the all metal 110 that was screwed together. and the "Rambo" fixed blade.

Of those I do own, I would not mind a second white handled made in USA Walmart Special 877, and maybe another 110.
Oh, and a leather sheath for my 110.

Since I have not had a wife since 1987, I think she might get a wee bit irate if I were to sell any of her shoes ... she'd probably kill me, if I did ... or worse, have me arrested. As for selling her mum ... I don't even know if she is still on the green side of the grass or if she is pushing up weeds. I'm pretty sure her hubby (presuming he is not pushing up weeds) would have a few not nice things to say to me, if I sold her, too. Not that he would not have a few not nice things to say to me anyway, for marrying his daughter in the first place. :)
I think it would be safer all-round if I was to sell my Schwinn "OCC Choppers" Stingray, or maybe a couple fishing rods and reels to finance the knives. :)

Since I have not had a wife since 1987, I think she might get a wee bit irate if I were to sell any of her shoes ... she'd probably kill me, if I did ... or worse, have me arrested. As for selling her mum ... I don't even know if she is still on the green side of the grass or if she is pushing up weeds. I'm pretty sure her hubby (presuming he is not pushing up weeds) would have a few not nice things to say to me, if I sold her, too. Not that he would not have a few not nice things to say to me anyway, for marrying his daughter in the first place. :)

But it's for a grail knife! I think they would understand. Let us know how that goes. :)

I guess I did come across another grail knife which I am working on paying for. It might be a couple months before I get it in my hands. I will be sure to add it to this thread once I get it.

Must be nice. You need to save some for the rest of us.

Back