Holy Grail Buck Knife?

As it turns out you can get a factory left handed leather sheath off of the Buck website for $30
My problem is that I want a buck 119 to come with a lefty leather sheath and I don't want to pay extra for it.
I like the way the factory sheath looks and matches the knife and don't want anything aftermarket. now if Buck would alow me to mail them the included sheath in exchange for a lefty sheath I'd be happy and would have a 119 already.

I didn't know you were able to do that. Did you call customer service and ask them about swapping them out?

A custom made sheath isn't aftermarket. It's just not factory.

I didn't know you were able to do that. Did you call customer service and ask them about swapping them out?

A custom made sheath isn't aftermarket. It's just not factory.
That's the definition of aftermarket.

And I don't know if the sheath swapping is available, but I could at least try and find out.

Don't ask me why, but a 110/112 with some nice brown jigged bone scales. Brass bolster. Clip point. I'd possibly give the keys to my car for one.

I always thought my grail Buck would be the first prototype 112. .But I now realize that in all likelihood that it does not exist. ..or is lost forever. From what I have heard the prototype 112 was a basically handmade out of a 110 frame and any samples left of it were stolen from a Buck employee's truck long ago. So for now it would be one of the 112's made from sterling silver out of the 3 sets made for 'Birmingham' ?? if I remember the name correctly. There were 5 different models in the 3 sets made and were very expensive. I have seen some truly fabulous custom 112's over the years and Skyler has a couple of early true custom shop 112's in Pearl and Ivory I would consider 'Grail' Bucks but if Joe or CJ dug out a beat up mangled old brass 110 shortened to 112 size with a hook. ....I can dream..

Don't ask me why, but a 110/112 with some nice brown jigged bone scales. Brass bolster. Clip point. I'd possibly give the keys to my car for one.

What kind of car do you have? LOL.
4igeqh.jpg

I'm easy to please. I've wanted a green handle, camouflage sheath 639 since I was a kid. I just never get around to buying one, or when I'm ready to buy the auction listings I find are either black handle or terrible condition.

He said a 110/112 so I think he means the 2 bladed 110 frame which has both a 110 blade and a 112 blade so your both out of luck on the car.

I'm not sure I have a grail knife.

If there's something I've seen on these forums that I would cherish more than any other knife, if would be the cross cut mammoth that SHB shows. I don't think there's a better looking handle material out there! Mammoth teeth come close though.

Thanks MTP:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That 903 came out way better than I ever could have imagined and it is really high on my list of favorites:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:So much so that I recently purchased a claymore bowie and another nice set of crosscut ivory to have done up the same way:thumbsup:

I always enjoy an excuse to show off a couple pics:thumbsup::thumbsup:
P1012099.JPG P1012102.JPG

Back