Holy Grail Buck Knife?

I think mine would be a bare head stag 110 with nickle silver bolsters. Of course I'd have to have a 112 to match. I wouldn't mind a bare head 110 & 112 with real wood either...

iT's the holy grail so obviously don't have one but I know some members do lol :D. It would be the few 317's that have handle pins ( supposedly salesman samples) it's the only one I don't have to round out my 317 obsession.

iT's the holy grail so obviously don't have one but I know some members do lol :D. It would be the few 317's that have handle pins ( supposedly salesman samples) it's the only one I don't have to round out my 317 obsession.
How many different BUCK 317 does it take to round out your 317 obsession

My Buck grail knife would be a 55 with bolsters that look just like those on the 110 (I.E. NOT rounded like they are now), with no nail nick.

Been carrying my 55 a lot lately and gettinga a lot of joy out of it. Such a great little pocketknife. Handsome as heck and it cuts like a laser!

My Buck grail knife would be a 55 with bolsters that look just like those on the 110 (I.E. NOT rounded like they are now), with no nail nick.

Been carrying my 55 a lot lately and gettinga a lot of joy out of it. Such a great little pocketknife. Handsome as heck and it cuts like a laser!

I don't carry mine often, but every time I do I think to myself "why don't I carry this more???". Awesome little knife....

I'd sell my mother in law for any Buck knife... not sure I'd get enough to buy one though.. :rolleyes:

I think mine would be a bare head stag 110 with nickle silver bolsters. Of course I'd have to have a 112 to match. I wouldn't mind a bare head 110 & 112 with real wood either...

This was made by Wilde Bill Cody and occasionally comes up for sale .Good Luck.
35astwo.jpg

I would love to come across a 1964 Buck 110, in real life and not on an auction. But any pre 1970 would do! The closest I have come was a 1969 that I found in a flea market for $20 about 5 years ago. I also picked up a new condition 1967 110 with a sheath that was $77 that I didn't think was too bad of a price since the knife was basically new and never used. Also, I would love to come across a barrel nut fixed blade. The closest I have come to that was a 1964 or 1965ish 102 with a flap sheath that is riveted, I think it is one of the first riveted ones right after the barrel nuts.

This was made by Wilde Bill Cody and occasionally comes up for sale .Good Luck.
35astwo.jpg

That's down right beautiful. If that turquoise was wood I'd say that would absolutely be my grail knife. Of course I wouldn't turn that particular one down. I think bloody pawprint and I would have to sell a few more mothers in law for me to afford that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's down right beautiful. If that turquoise was wood I'd say that would absolutely be my grail knife. Of course I wouldn't turn that particular one down. I think bloody pawprint and I would have to sell a few more mothers in law for me to afford that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't mind the turquoise but I'm not overly fond of the"chip flint" blade.Most everything in life is a compromise.

I didn't even notice that. Kinda gives it a rustic look but I think I'd prefer a standard blade finish too. Still an absolute beauty and that stag is outstanding....

I agree with you about the stag.It's also good on the opposite side as well.I was fortunate to add this to the collection.
348lrme.jpg

JD here is another that is very similar.This one,however,does have a blade made from one of the newer Crucible CPM154 stainless steels and has a black mirror finish.

21cxjrk.jpg

2ep4y2w.jpg

I like that idea too-That's the main reason I haven't bought a 55. The way my luck runs I'll find out a 110 style 55 is due out within a month of me buying the current style-just like when I bought my latest auto conversion. Two days later I found out the factory knife was coming, and for the same price I paid for the conversion.

It boggles my mind how Buck could get sooooo close to a miniaturized 110, and then change it.o_O

JD here is another that is very similar.This one,however,does have a blade made from one of the newer Crucible CPM154 stainless steels and has a black mirror finish.

21cxjrk.jpg

2ep4y2w.jpg

Dang...soooo cool. So much to like about that one. I'm really surprised Buck doesn't offer more bare head options. That's another great example ss....thank for showing them off....

Back