~

Back when I was young all of us needs to paint one egg and give it to the favorite member of the family. I guess my mom use to get a lot of eggs from my cousins as they find her the sweetest. My uncles and aunties will ask their children as to why they did not give it to them but they are not mad at all. Lastly, we do eat dinner at my grandma's place each family needs to bring a dish.

My dad was not a church going man. Just didn't like sitting there. But he rolled us kids out for sunrise service every Easter. It was held on a little hill at the edge of town and we could walk over there. Actually we would ski on that little hill. Anyway this was in Vermont and the service was always cold. Some years there was snow on the ground. It was always glorious to see the sun pop over the horizon. A rebirth. A new beginning. Spring would come again. Don't remember anything else specific about Easter.

We had a big family and did the Easter basket thing every year. One year we had presents. I don't recall the reason other than perhaps somehow we skipped Christmas. I don't remember and as you can see it didn't make much of an imprint on me. I remember very well munching on our chocolate rabbits. Easter was mostly about going to Church and Spring.... tulips usually and so forth.

We always (my mom, gram and two older sisters) colored eggs and then did an Easter egg hunt. We always had a basket with candy and a big ham dinner.

I vaguely remember when my parents were still together riding in my father's great big dump truck (he owned a farm) to get to my grandmother's for easter dinner when we had a freak blizzard.

I remember helping coloring the hard boiled eegs then my mother would hide them around the backyard, I also found some big sees candy easter bunnies hiden hear/there that was favorite part of the day:D

We always had Easter baskets, dressed up and worshiped at church together, through all the traditions it was, and all ways will be about the resurrection of our savior

Back