• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hope Simon will do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen that scratch before many times.

It is from people using a knife to open the package and they go to deep.

He damaged it and you need to tell PayPal that is what happened.

If we don't get the buyer in here 'splainin what happened he might not be around long.

Good evening,

I rarely post but have purchased knives from Todd for years [Bob - wife has to send the paypal]. His knives are the best I have seen anywhere and he is always fantastic to deal with.
In sum, I can say without any doubt that his word/product is truth/law.

Hope all works out - all the best!

I'm betting that customs opened the package and sliced the side of the knife in the process, taped the package back up and sent it to the buyer. When he received it, the package wasn't damaged but the knife was. What do you do about that though?

If that's the case then I feel sympathy for the buyer but that's the risk you take when you have something imported.

Last edited:
-Corey-

What customs?

The buyer gave him a US address to ship to.

I'm just assuming. I don't know all the details but he mentioned that he thinks the guy lives in China, so I figured that Todd mailed it to a US address, then that person mailed it over seas to the actual buyer. I could be way off though :D

Looks like he cut it with a knife. Likely when un packaging.

Paypal dispute?

If paypal sides with him, do not give him another knife! Add him to ignore, and hopefully he gets banned here.

I'd still carry and use that sucker!

I'm not a scammer. This is real insult to me! I did ebay for many years, use paypal. I was scammed twice by scammers. But I'm not a scammer. I'm a honest man. The address is a new service from Paypal of combine shipping to overseas customer (http://www.hopshopgo.com/).

The whole email and conversation attached for interested parties for reference.

below images sent to Todd on 10th Jun. Todd never mentioned about the main quality issue of why I'm not happy with the knife. I'm not happy with the gap of on the back of the spine and the spring. I asked the maker very politely is that normal on Todd Davision's knife. I gave high expectation on Todd's knife and this is a very small gent's knife. Please check attached conversation. Later on I found there's scrach near the shield. Never saw a deep scratch on the shield like Todd's knife. These pics and quality issues were sent to maker to ask what happened and had no explanations.

The maker and I had discussed all kind of options including making a new one. Please find the conversation attached. But I finally refused the refund of $300. The reason is only because after the maker agreed to send me a refund of $300 on 11th and finalized the my paypal account, he came back on 13th saying I'm unreasonable. I can lose money but I can not accept this accusation.

I paid $50 from US to me in HK and another $50 from me to send to Todd. That's $100 spent. If I'm a scammer, I've opened a dispute much earlier not till I sent you email on 22nd and not reply until yesterday?

One will be easily misled if you only listen to the seller?

a8773912b31bb051f97882f2337adab44bede08f.jpg

7c1ed21b0ef41bd5612ad92e54da81cb38db3dea.jpg

Below address is the email conversation in PDF.
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i38IanN

Last edited:
Does HopShopGo show a confirmed PP address to the seller?

I think as I'm not lived in US so that will not be a confirmed PP address. I paid with my personal credit card. There's no third party pay for the deal.

That looks like he put it in his pocket with something else, like car keys. What a shame.
never carried. So not sure what had happened to it. And never saw the deep scratch on shield before my sending back.

When he contacted me first he said there were light scratches on the mammoth.
So I was trying to make him happy, but when I got the knife back like this, it was ruined beyond repair.

This is too deep, someone did this on purpose it looks like.

I sent you photos, Todd, about the light scraches near the shield. If i'm scammer, I already opened dispute through paypal without this! Someone did this on purpose, you may right on THAT!

If this ends up with PayPal, I bet he gets his money back.

Sending the knife anywhere but a confirmed PayPal address of the buyer leaves you open to scammers. By him sending it back from yet another address, I wonder if he didn't shop it around and it was damaged by some other potential buyer.

Refunding him his money might end up the cheapest way to go. You should contact PayPal and discuss this with them.

Did you notify him about this thread yet? We should get his story.

I was trying to solve with Todd. You can see the email sent on 22nd in my reply. No reply really. I said I can swallow who ever made these problems and pains, but no reply.

The seller now thrown a bad name on me without any precaution.

he sent me email on on 3.11am after so many replies.

Todd,

It isn't ruined, to my eye.....

1. It can be engraved to where the scratch becomes invisible(I think)

2. You can sell it as a "second" if you don't want to get it engraved, someone will buy it, and send what you make on the sale back to the customer as his refund.

Can this situation not be turned from lemons to lemonade?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Thanks Steve for your good suggestions.

I only want my name back and resolve this. And want to agree on the resolve.

You are a good man Todd-

I couldn't imagine a situation that is so bad that you would refund $300.00 PLUS another one of your beautiful knives and NOT be taken up on the offer by anyone with half a brain..

Personally, I think Esav is right. PP doesn't really have a history of siding with the seller..Especially if they have the out as described by Esav.

2 lessons I am getting from your experience.

1) ship to paypal verified addresses only. Only exception is if another form of payment is used. Sorry!
2) this member will go on my own ignore list and I suspect that of many, many others.

Small consolation in your situation Todd..I hope to one day have one of your fine knives :)

Please read the email conversation I posted and know the details before you made any decision or comments.

I've had a guy already ask about buying the knife.

Maybe simonxm can sell it to him? I'll put them in touch with each other if he wants to go that way.

Thanks for your KIND HELP.

BUT Sorry, will not consider anything until my name restored and right judgement been made!

This might seem like another case of buyer's remorse. That knife would absolutely not have left Todd's shop in that condition. There is a bit of deception at work here on the part of the buyer. No one, and I mean no one I have ever seen offers a $300 refund on an item, plus another similar custom item. That sets a precedence for extreme customer service. I am glad the buyer refused actuall, as they may be somewhat undeserving of such generosity. I'd say refund and limit sales to those in the Western hemisphere, and create a return policy for international shipping. Also, look into taking alternate forms of layment. Paypal is good, but businessmen need to protect themselves.

Please, I refused no because I'm half brain or idiot. It's because, I refused to be put on a unreasonable name. I never buy a Todd knife and not sure of the quality. But that does not mean that it's all the buyer's fault?? We need to be fair on all the real buyers. I paid all the postage. Not doing anything through paypal. Why thrown me a bad name?

Please read email conversation I posted to know the details.

Todd.

My humble advice to you would be to refund the money and move on.

PP is not really very good at anything other than protecting the buyer, especially since you already have the knife in your possession.

Sadly this is sometimes the unfortunate cost of business, however there are some ways you can protect yourself if you feel the need. (If you think that this may occur more often)

Accept PP from members you know or trust. (Use other forms of payment for anyone else)

Ship to 'verified' addresses only.

Do not ship to anywhere or anyone you don't feel comfortable in dealing with.

I hope this helps a little, and I am sorry that you had to go through this.
You and your work are second to none....

Dear Sirs, My name is bigger than this $800 dollars. I can not let it go without an apology.

Simon,

Before your purchase, did you state that this was actually an overseas transaction? That is kind of a big deal. If you didn't disclose that info, I would say that was pretty deceptive as the majority of us avoid the hassles of those long distance transactions. The ones who do agree to the overseas deals usually make it conditional on no seller liability and no refunds, etc... I would suggest that in any future dealings here, you be very honest and disclose that you are overseas and how you are able to use a U.S. address.

Dear Sirs, My name is bigger than this $800 dollars. I can not let it go without an apology.

Woah there. Before any apology is issued, the person that sold you the knife (in what I would presume was pristine condition) needs to know what happened to it when it was NOT in his possession. You cannot possibly think Todd sent that knife out that way, do you? After selling over 800 knives that I've seen, not a single one has ever been presented that way. If Todd did that kind of sloppy work, I'd think someone would have already complained. There are bigger things at stake than an apology at the moment. The scratch/gouge seems to have occurred when you had it in your possession. What about the tip of the knife being flattened? That sure doesn't happen on it's own. Also, are you saying that you bought an $800 custom knife without knowing anything about the maker or their work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back