• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hope Simon will do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of Todds knives for $500?

and you said no?

Something is very wrong and it is not with Todd.

Agree. Todd goes above and beyond to make his clients happy. I've first hand experience at this. That was more than he needed to do for sure.

I think the damage occurred during transport, they do kick and drop packages regularly.
happens all the time while shipping with airplanes, i received knives with dings by amazon.

But if packaged correctly, they can handle it. I've gotten 4 from Todd (one was a return), and it is always packaged correctly. Even a knife opening the package would have a hard time getting to the contents. Plus, since it happened on the way back (he said it wasn't there didn't he) it must not have been packaged on return properly.

Take the 300$ and the knife and be very happy about that. I would've. I wouldve felt bad about it!

Looking at this thread and situation it would appear to me that Todd has gone above and beyond in attempting to settle this matter with the buyer.

It appears the buyer cannot be appeased and wants an apology or he will commit seppuku or something along those lines.

Todd you continue to amaze with your talent and now restraint.

the "not a single scratch on the shield"just doesnt sit right.then it shows up with a huge scratch on the shield and you dont no were it came from.totall bs this guy is scamming you todd.he opened the box with a razor and scratched the shield.he is trying to throw you off with bs reasons he doesnt want the knife so when it shows up with the scratch he is going to say I dont no how it got there so you refund him the money.he couldnt tell you about it cause it is to obvious and scammers work that way.so he made up to bs reasond so you would rxcept it back.kind of scamming slight of hand.I no people like who cant except a scratch even if they did it themselves.

It was damaged by Customs or the packing service when sent back(because of the slight gap).
Todd ships world wide, so this could've happened with any knife that goes through customs and/or a packing service.

It sucks for both of them.

Personally, I think the buyer should've taken the $300 or another knife at half price while getting to keep the first one as well. That would've been a great deal, and very generous of Todd to offer IMO. I can see not taking the $300 if he couldn't live with the gap, but you can bet the second knife going out at half price would've been perfection. Well, if Customs or a packaging service didn't damage it again that is.
While I do believe the buyer should've taken another knife at half price I don't think his intent was to "scam".

Also, for the record, and not that it matters, but if me I wouldn't have taken another knife at half price while keeping the first. That is way to generous of Todd. I would've lived with the small gap or would've taken another knife and sent the first back. No need for any discount if the maker makes it right, IMO.

Was the knife not insured on the way back ?

Fwiw, I think scam is the wrong word. I don't think he's trying to scam Todd but I do think he's being a bit unreasonable maybe?

I am pretty sure that I read Todd's first post on this thread correctly.
When Simon was not happy with Folder #1232 and expected more from a $800.00 knife,
Todd offered to send him $300.00. Simon declined the offer.
Todd then offered to make Simon another knife and also let him keep both knives.
Simon declined the second offer.
These offers were probably not to be mistaken as one. Still, ether one would have been a
SUPER DEAL for anyone that appreciates a beautiful hand made knife.
Todd is an EXTREMELY DEDICATED CRAFTSMAN and if He is not happy with the way a folder turned
out, it won't leave his shop. The scratches and especially the deep cuts would not have been on
the knife when Todd shipped it.

Simon,
Have You contacted Your shippers to report the damage ?

To all the member that have replied this, I personally appreciate what Todd had done in making customer happy. I can feel he is a good man. But please teach me how can you live you live with this accusation here? I'm not scammer? You captioned me on this post scamming you and every world knows it. Is it proper that you can post any name here accuse anyone like this? I'm one of the humble and serious buyer her in the forum and in this globe, I have a name here. I still want to buy knives. I became scammer. How disappointed!

I said in my email from the beginning I admire Todd's work but only not perfection is the gap their on the back. This is not something that customs or repacking people can achieve! I said in my email already I can live with the scratches as knives will collects scratches sooner or later.

Fwiw, I think scam is the wrong word. I don't think he's trying to scam Todd but I do think he's being a bit unreasonable maybe?

I am not stupid to return it if I know there are so serious scratch. I do not want to be called even unreasonable because Todd is too reasonable now so there is one to blame that's me?

I am pretty sure that I read Todd's first post on this thread correctly.
When Simon was not happy with Folder #1232 and expected more from a $800.00 knife,
Todd offered to send him $300.00. Simon declined the offer.
Todd then offered to make Simon another knife and also let him keep both knives.
Simon declined the second offer.
These offers were probably not to be mistaken as one. Still, ether one would have been a
SUPER DEAL for anyone that appreciates a beautiful hand made knife.
Todd is an EXTREMELY DEDICATED CRAFTSMAN and if He is not happy with the way a folder turned
out, it won't leave his shop. The scratches and especially the deep cuts would not have been on
the knife when Todd shipped it.

Simon,
Have You contacted Your shippers to report the damage ?

Thanks for your reading through thoroughly. I almost agree that sweet offer from Todd. He is good man.

I did return knives back to states before. But as the knife will take taxes, I did not invoice it full amount only $80 insured. There is not bother there for $80.

I was only concerned a gap on the back now I carried a bad name. If this can not be corrected, how can I stay here this forum longer.

Was the knife opened and/or inspected by the third party shipping company or by customs?

I am going to guess at this point that the issues occurred there.

If this is the case then Todd owes you nothing. The only thing I can't understand is why turn down two of Todd's knives for $500? (His offer to you)
You where willing to spend $800 on one.

That entire part of it makes no sense to me, and if it was clearly explained I think it would put this to rest......

simonxm, you need to understand that the members here have seen many different problems that will arise in buying and selling. Each of us has an opinion and a solution after seeing certain common problems.

For example, this thread is going to convince even more sellers to refuse to make overseas sales.

It may turn people against intermediaries, who accept shipments for overseas buyers and package or repackage them.

These are trends which have been growing. Buying and selling requires a basic level of trust to begin with. It doesn't take much to shake that trust and shut out people who can't understand why.

You are naturally concerned with your personal reputation. We have people in this thread already who are more worried about re-shippers and customs.

JR88FAN,
I believe Todd made two separate offers to Simon, before the knife was returned to him with the deep cuts.
I doubt if the two offers would have been combined into one.
Please take a moment to read my post #66.

I think the damage occurred during transport, they do kick and drop packages regularly.
happens all the time while shipping with airplanes, i received knives with dings by amazon.

I doubt that given the nature of the damage. It clearly looks like someone opened a box with a razor knife with little regard for what was inside. I just dont see that damage happening to a box that was kicked around too much. Its seems either a stupid accident or an intentional scar.

To all the member that have replied this, I personally appreciate what Todd had done in making customer happy. I can feel he is a good man. But please teach me how can you live you live with this accusation here? I'm not scammer? You captioned me on this post scamming you and every world knows it. Is it proper that you can post any name here accuse anyone like this? I'm one of the humble and serious buyer her in the forum and in this globe, I have a name here. I still want to buy knives. I became scammer. How disappointed!

I said in my email from the beginning I admire Todd's work but only not perfection is the gap their on the back. This is not something that customs or repacking people can achieve! I said in my email already I can live with the scratches as knives will collects scratches sooner or later.

None of this explains why you would not accept a replacement knife if it was really just a quality thing. And you had all ready agreed to live with the imperfection if it were less money. You seemed to not be content with anything but a full refund. That does not sound like someone who admires his work and really wanted one of his knives. You sounded like someone who desperately wanted your money back for a different purchase. And yes a gap in a hand made knife can happen if its not handle properly in shipping. The point is you werent being very reasonable with a guy who made every attempt to make you happy. It may not have been exactly the solution you wanted but it was more than fair. And your reluctance to accept such a generous offer seems to point to other reasons you arent mentioning.

^ that about sums this all up. A small gap that Todd was willing to either refund some money for or make a new knife, which was a tremendous offer, is the only issue when you listen to Simonxm now.

Todd offered to rectify the gap issue for you, you didn't take it, you didn't insure your knife when sending it back to Todd so you now have to live with the outcome which is a damaged knife. You made your bed, lie in it.

Todd labeled you as a scammer because you're not settling for anything other than getting a full refund for a knife that now is damaged beyond repair. Todd specifically stated that a refund would be in order if he received the knife in the condition it was sent in...even if that meant it had a gap. It shows up destroyed. Not his problem. Not his responsibility to refund your money. Todd has no idea what happened to that knife when it was in your possession or the possession of the third party shippers. You clearly stated that the knife wasn't damaged when you received it which takes Todd's liability out of the equation. Blame yourself instead.

Is it possible the knife was switched with a twin of worse quality?

It also appears that the most basic of points being made here are being lost in translation, the language barrier is preventing the true details (as intended) from being fully grasped. Really a shame because the details are what is important now, getting specific answers to the questions being asked has been kicked down the road in lieu of getting hung up on one small aspect. A case of not seeing the forest through the trees if you will.

It also appears that the most basic of points being made here are being lost in translation, the language barrier is preventing the true details (as intended) from being fully grasped. Really a shame because the details are what is important now, getting specific answers to the questions being asked has been kicked down the road in lieu of getting hung up on one small aspect. A case of not seeing the forest through the trees if you will.

I agree...I think they would've been able to resolve this amongst themselves if they had been able to communicate more clearly with each other.

I never buy a knife from Todd. As I said in my email conversation. I expected it to be next to perfect if it is not.

You will find in the email that I do not worry about the scratches myself. but only bit of concern of the gap there on the back. I know that it might be the case of Hopshopgo repack service may open it and handled it. But it's not the reason that confronting here?

it's just unfair to say I'm unreasonable. Also unreasonable being posted with my account in caption saying I'm Scammer? You are mod of the forum. Do you think it's proper to name somebody scammer before knowing all the details??

As I asked Todd politely is that the case that normally happen on the back. I did not want to send it back. Only want to know the details. The scratch on the shield not sure about that. The customs may opened it to check with some sort of sharp things.

But I just can not accept this unfair accusation.

I must say, Rev, he is right. You are admitting that things have been lost in translation, meaning you do not have all the facts. As a MODERATOR, simonxm is correct in his statement. It seems you are simply siding with a dedicated forum member (who has outstanding feedback).

Aren't you supposed to find out all the facts before accusing? Aren't you supposed to remain somewhat impartial? Mr Davidson has actually stated that he is "over" this issue, meaning that he has already expended his efforts at making all parties happy. Furthermore, Mr Davison clearly neglected to state the issue with the spring/backspacer in his original post. To me it seems like there are details being left out, yet people are still making assumtions, mostly based on feedback score. Obviously the third party shipping thing is absolute nonsense and is just asking for issues to occur. However I am ashamed that the MODERATOR rev devil has decided to make assumptions and take sides without getting all the facts, and neglecting the fact that Mr Davidson "forgot" to mention key issues. That is not moderating.

As it stands, simonxm is still responding to this thread, trying to make all parties happy and to uphold his reputation. Mr Davison is not. We need a bladeforums court judge...and they cannot be biased like rev devil.

I must say, Rev, he is right. You are admitting that things have been lost in translation, meaning you do not have all the facts. As a MODERATOR, simonxm is correct in his statement. It seems you are simply siding with a dedicated forum member (who has outstanding feedback).

Aren't you supposed to find out all the facts before accusing? Aren't you supposed to remain somewhat impartial? Mr Davidson has actually stated that he is "over" this issue, meaning that he has already expended his efforts at making all parties happy. Furthermore, Mr Davison clearly neglected to state the issue with the spring/backspacer in his original post. To me it seems like there are details being left out, yet people are still making assumtions, mostly based on feedback score. Obviously the third party shipping thing is absolute nonsense and is just asking for issues to occur. However I am ashamed that the MODERATOR rev devil has decided to make assumptions and take sides without getting all the facts, and neglecting the fact that Mr Davidson "forgot" to mention key issues. That is not moderating.

As it stands, simonxm is still responding to this thread, trying to make all parties happy and to uphold his reputation. Mr Davison is not. We need a bladeforums court judge...and they cannot be biased like rev devil.

The bolded parts..There are a few issues with them. First, Mr Davidson is a well respected member himself with feedback that is beyond reproach. Want to totally disregard that? Despite the pics of the knife BEFORE being shipped on Todd's part? What he got back is not what he shipped. If there was a gap, IF..I was prepared to handle it..IF he got the knife back in original condition.
Secondly, you are making some assumptions yourself..No? How do you know the condition of the knife that Todd shipped? The "space" that wasn't disclosed by Todd? That's a leap for you to "assume" that 1) there IS a space and 2) that Todd shipped it with a glaring flaw..

You seem to have a very clear bias yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back