Horizontal carry case for SwissTool Spirit X

Cyrano

Gold Member
While the leather case which came with my Spirit X is nice, I prefer horizontal carry. I found this simple solution from Raine Inc. which fits the Spirit X perfectly.

i-trh79bp-XL.jpg

i-Spgs2R3-XL.jpg

i-r9vDC7H-XL.jpg

nice!
I carry my Spirit in a horizontal magazine pouch, it fits tightly together with the LM Bit card and mini prybar

ktym4aw.jpg

I wonder how well a Buck 112 would fit in there?

The length/width footprint of the Buck 112 is almost identical to that of the Spirit, if I've done my Photoshop work correctly:

i-gRhnt8n-L.jpg

i-6BCqBbv-L.jpg

The catch might be the thickness. The Spirit's thickness of 14 mm fills up the sheath nicely; the Buck's thickness (as reported by a blogger) of 15.6 mm might be tight.

Last edited:
The size and spacing of the belt straps almost looks like it would be compatible for vertical/horizontal molle attachment as well. Can you confirm this?

I don't have any MOLLE gear, but the straps' geometry appears compatible. The straps are 1 inch wide, with 1 inch space between straps.

I don't have any MOLLE gear, but the straps' geometry appears compatible. The straps are 1 inch wide, with 1 inch space between straps.

Thanks for the info! My day pack has some molle webbing on the inside of some of the pockets for customizing organization pouches so a molle compatible pouch with a good fit for the spirit would be ideal. :thumbsup:

Back