Horizontal Carry - Leatherman Wave

BMCGear

Gold Member
I'd like to carry my Wave on my belt but I like a scout or horizontal carry. Does anyone have good experience with a sheath for this?

I have carried horizontally upon occasion. I have a Schrade leather belt pouch that I think was intended for their folding Hunter. I found it for $6 brand new in a junk store. It offers the option of vertical or horizontal carry. At the time, I had a Leatherman super tool with no sheath. I carried that tool in that sheath for a while. Eventually I switched out for a super tool 300. Most of the time, I carry a wave with lots of accessories. The Schrade horizontal carry does not have enough room for accessories. As a result, I usually carry vertical my wave with accessories. Sometimes, for a change, I use the horizontal Schrade pouch with the super tool, and Ilike it a lot.

I'd like to carry my Wave on my belt but I like a scout or horizontal carry. Does anyone have good experience with a sheath for this?
I have a Wave that is set up for horizontal carry. I use an older OEM Leatherman nylon sheath with it. Works like a charm.
The thing is, I don't carry my Wave very much because I prefer the ergonomics of Gerber's MP600 and 400 series multi-tools. I admit, the Wave is a much better piece of kit but, when I am cold, wet, and tired the Gerber is much easier for me to operate. It is also half the cost.

As for a sheath, Leatherman also offers a MOLLE sheath that you could make work.

Hope this helps.

NiteIze makes a clip on sheath that will handle most large MTs and and can be adjusted for any angle of carry you want.

I carry my Signal in a Leatherman sheath. Horizontal cross draw. It’s the leather sheath with nylon sides that may, or may not, have come with the Signal. It’s the only way I’ll carry any multi tool, it should work for the Wave, and it works very well.

I've always appreciated the sheath for the Ka-Bar Mule as it is surprisingly versatile and well made, and it may well be worth hunting down for your horizontal carry wishes. I grabbed 2-3 a couple years back off a vendor for 6-7 bucks a shot I believe.

Back