• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Horrible experience with USPS.... Little annoyed at Bladehq

@BladeHQ {just wanted to get that out of the way}

TL;DR It's very long sorry. Bottom line Blade HQs poor customer service screwed me out of a Limited Edition Olight I5t Copper.

So I haven't been on here for awhile with everything going on but I need to vent and The Wife doesn't understand. Lol

So sadly I don't have the disposable funds I used to because of the whole "being an adult" thing but I've been wanting a copper flashlight for awhile now. Recently Olight came out with the I5t which is the perfect set of features I need in a light. Then recently they came out with the limited edition copper so I finally bought one from @BladeHQ. That was 5/29 and it was shipped on 6/1. So I'm issued the tracking number as usual and track my package until 6/8. On 6/8 it arrives at the Rosedale Md post office which is about an hour away and not my local post office that my package usually goes to but I thought it was just a stop over. Now the issues start...... As of 6/11 it hadn't moved. So I phoned that post office and was promptly told what I knew, that they did not deliver to house; then she told me it was sent there by mistake and the same day it was manually shipped out and returned...... Ok. So I call Blade HQ immediately and proceed to sit on hold 20 mins the first time (then I had to get back to work), an hour the second time and 20 more minutes the third time I called. I'm a firm believer in picking up the phone and not emailing but that's what I ended up doing. I explained in the email everything I just told you and this is a screenshot of the response I received:
Screenshot_2020-06-20-14-12-52~2.png
So basically he didn't read one word ofmy email and the 24 hours I spent waiting for a response was wasted. (At this point the light is still in stock remember that it's important later)..... Next is the screen shot of my response to the previous email:

Screenshot_2020-06-20-14-14-04.png
I received no response from that so on 6/15 I start over and send the same first email in a fresh correspondence with the added detail of the mess you just read. It wasn't until 6/17 that I received a response from this email. Following is the screen shot:

Screenshot_2020-06-20-16-01-17.png
(The screen shot is from yesterday sorry it says "4 days ago" and no date but if it's a problem I can go back and find it.)

So basically after days and days of nonsense exactly what I was trying to avoid happened......out of stock......most everywhere, except Amazon..... And never will I buy this kinda stuff there. So not only was I screwed out of my flashlight. It wasn't even acknowledged all the crap I went through. I'm not the type to complain to get free crap or for somebody to handle a tissue for my issue but a "hey our bad how can we make it right" or something similar. Not " we ain't got no mo yo sorry bout ur luck. Here's yo money now leave us alone" (obvious exaggeration but that's how it felt) Thanks for reading.

Oh.... Most of you will get a laugh from this part. The cherry on top was The Wife saying "what's the big deal it's just a flashlight. There's like a million just buy a different one. They had some nice ones at Walmart. " WTF!!!!!!! :mad::mad::D:D

Hope yalls life is going well and you guys are staying safe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-20-14-12-52.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-20-14-12-52.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Well it sucks your package was lost in the USPS system but I don’t think that’s BladeHQ’s problem as far as immediate resolution, although they eventually should refund your money and file their own claim it shouldn’t be so immediate that they double ship. Personally I would’ve bought another one if I wanted it bad enough, because the chance of two packages getting lost is extremely rare. They ship first class and you waited almost 2 weeks.

Businesses are still feeling the impacts of coronavirus so I wouldn’t expect the staff to have the same attention to responding that they would prior to the pandemic. I do think they should refund your money but I’ve had 20 transactions with BladeHQ that have gone flawlessly.

18jwl2.jpg

...sounds like it's USPS' fault...

IMHO, it's pretty decent Blade HQ is offering in store credit. Hell, they didn't lose your torch.

And it's not like they can magically pull another out a unicorn's ass to ship to ya.

The problem is the USPS around DC/Baltimore is shitty. I had about the same experience as you with the Riverdale MD PO...got the runaround from the Post Master...bottom line, one of his routemen stole a $400 blade.

Better pull one out of the river site before you miss out ... what have you got to lose? I don't think there would be a huge fake market on this particular light. And if it's a return, you should be able to tell if you take the package apart carefully and examine as you go.

If I was stalking my quarry that long and didn't bag it, I'd be kicking myself.

But that's just me, ymmv.

BTW, congrats on being a responsible Dad and postponing your "needs." And thanks for making me laugh about your wife's comment...so true, so true :p

Last edited:
Oh.... Most of you will get a laugh from this part. The cherry on top was The Wife saying "what's the big deal it's just a flashlight. There's like a million just buy a different one. They had some nice ones at Walmart. " WTF!!!!!!! :mad::mad::D:D

Hope yalls life is going well and you guys are staying safe.

^ This made my day! :D
Focus on the wife & family....you'll find another one eventually. :)

And it's not like they can magically pull another out a unicorn's ass to ship to ya.

BTW, congrats on being a responsible Dad and postponing your "needs." And thanks for making me laugh about your wife's comment...so true, so true :p

^ :D
18jwl2.jpg

c61f77ee3dea2ccb6e8b488a6349768c.jpg

Personally, I'd cut Blade HQ a little slack over this one, as frustrating an experience this was for you.

Last edited:
They did not have the same item in stock, so instead they offered you a refund or in store credit.

I don't understand how you are classifying their response as: " we ain't got no mo yo sorry bout ur luck. Here's yo money now leave us alone"
and not: "hey our bad how can we make it right".

USPS misplaced the item. It sounds like BladeHQ tried to do what they could to help you out.

And I don't believe that shipping the next business day warrants the, albeit minor, complaint of "Not the best turn around". Obviously same day or on a Saturday would be better, but not every retailer does that and to expect it and complain when you don't get it is not exactly reasonable.

I understand being frustrated for not receiving what you ordered, but it sounds like your unhappiness with the situation is amplifying your blame and disdain for BladeHQ.

.bottom line, one of his routemen stole a $400 blade.

.bottom line, one of his routemen stole a $400 blade.
I had a Fed EX guy steal my $400 fixed blade right out of the Fed EX box...and I never got
any satisfaction....they just stone-walled me and that was the end of it.

Better pull one out of the river site before you miss out...
I've bought quite a few from the river, and have always been happy...

^ This made my day! :D
Focus on the wife & family....you'll find another one eventually. :)

^ :D
View attachment 1362781

View attachment 1362783

Personally, I'd cut Blade HQ a little slack over this one, as frustrating an experience this was for you.

That's always my number one priority, that's why I don't have any money for my hobby anymore. :D:D:D Paw Patrol and Monster Trucks get expensive and then ya gotta keep em fed and all that. :eek::eek::D:D (kidding)

Actually I found one about an hour ago. Not to mention I received messages come members here offering them up. Which was awesome to see.

They did not have the same item in stock, so instead they offered you a refund or in store credit.

I don't understand how you are classifying their response as: " we ain't got no mo yo sorry bout ur luck. Here's yo money now leave us alone"
and not: "hey our bad how can we make it right".

USPS misplaced the item. It sounds like BladeHQ tried to do what they could to help you out.

And I don't believe that shipping the next business day warrants the, albeit minor, complaint of "Not the best turn around". Obviously same day or on a Saturday would be better, but not every retailer does that and to expect it and complain when you don't get it is not exactly reasonable.

I understand being frustrated for not receiving what you ordered, but it sounds like your unhappiness with the situation is amplifying your blame and disdain for BladeHQ.

I'm very aware the post office screwed up but supposedly it was sent back but that's neither here nor there really. The part that I have the issue with is first the phone (but also not the issue) then after that a detailed message went unread and I got back what I'm guessing was what the guy thought I was going to ask. Then when brought up I was flat out ignored. If i was told"there's nothing we can do until the post office declares it lost" or anything of that sort i would of been fine and forked out the cash for another and either get a refund when the time came or if the first one showed up returned it. I'm real easy going but don't just flat out make up what you thought my email might say. Then after that initial cluster it took me resending the email and waiting another 2 days after already waiting for the first guy to respond. I'm not blaming the lost package on Blade HQ. My main question was did they get the package back. It could of beenn resolved day one they would of still made a little money and I'd have my flashlight. Instead I was blown off.

If you don't get the one you got from your friend, I just listed one in the for sale area.

Hope you get it sorted. Where is the one you ordered now? Back at BHQ?

If you don't get the one you got from your friend, I just listed one in the for sale area.

Hope you get it sorted. Where is the one you ordered now? Back at BHQ?

Not a clue. Tracking still says it's at the Rosedale Md post office but I called them again yesterday and explained the situation again. The lady I spoke to this time was extremely nice. She said their system showed it was sent out but she went and checked anyway and had some supervisor guy check also, then help me forward some kind of form so somebody will look into the missing package.

Not a clue. Tracking still says it's at the Rosedale Md post office but I called them again yesterday and explained the situation again. The lady I spoke to this time was extremely nice. She said their system showed it was sent out but she went and checked anyway and had some supervisor guy check also, then help me forward some kind of form so somebody will look into the missing package.

they just gave ya the ol' song & dance ;)

I've seen that show a time or two myself, unfortunately. :(:thumbsdown:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
they just gave ya the ol' soft shoe ;)

tenor.gif

I know right. Lol I get they didn't lose it but in the time they were messing around I could of bought another. I would of bought it from them, I've spent a lot there over the years. For a long time they were my go 2. I'm about as easy going as they come but don't just whore me up. Lol

As far as the post office around Baltimore being horrible, trust and believe I know. I'm in Arbutus, about a mile from the city line. My neighborhood is awesome, never any problems...... Until the last mail man came on. Then packages started missing and mail not getting delivered for days at a time but he was arrested. He "misplaced" a package for the 4 college guys that live nextdoor. Well whatever it was it was important enough for them to pull him in the house and have a chat with him. When he called the police some postal inspector or w.e. was called out and they found open boxes in his van. The woman that took his place is great, over a year with no problems and my mail is in my box by 9am

I know right. Lol I get they didn't lose it but in the time they were messing around I could of bought another. I would of bought it from them, I've spent a lot there over the years. For a long time they were my go 2. I'm about as easy going as they come but don't just whore me up. Lol

As far as the post office around Baltimore being horrible, trust and believe I know. I'm in Arbutus, about a mile from the city line. My neighborhood is awesome, never any problems...... Until the last mail man came on. Then packages started missing and mail not getting delivered for days at a time but he was arrested. He "misplaced" a package for the 4 college guys that live nextdoor. Well whatever it was it was important enough for them to pull him in the house and have a chat with him. When he called the police some postal inspector or w.e. was called out and they found open boxes in his van. The woman that took his place is great, over a year with no problems and my mail is in my box by 9am

shoot me your mailing address via PM, I like your style Daddy-O ;)

I saw that ad, AntDog, after reading this and PM'd it to the OP, too.

I hope he sees it.

Thanks for looking out guys. I managed to get one through a friend locally. That's what I love about this community, always helping. I hated not being able to stop by here every day.

Sounds like you had a “horrible” USPS experience which is 99% more likely than a BladeHQ issue. Plus you criticize a “slow turnaround time” when ordering on a Fri. and that Mon was a postal holiday. You’re taking USPS typical bullsh, we’re all dealing with, out on BladeHQ that simple.
So true. I’ve only ever seen same day shipping from DLT trading, and I won’t judge every business by this standard.

Unless it was mis-addressed I don't know why it would be returned to the sender. USPS mis-routes stuff all the time and they eventually get to the right address.
I believe the 2 day shipping is par for this company. Personally not a big deal.
They should have read your Email and comprehended better, but that is not that unusual for Emails. If I ask 3 ?'s I am lucky if I get 1 answered correctly-answer 1 , ignore the other 2. They (multiple companies)tend to answer the way they want regardless of the ?. I don't know the reason. Maybe they are answering ?'s out of a booklet and that seems close enough.
-rather than the virus being the problem here(customer service) it may have more to do with the low unemployment numbers prior to the pandemic. It may have been hard to find quality customer service workers at the level they were willing to pay. In any case it is a valid complaint on the OP's part and Blade HQ needs to do better.

Last edited:
Sure USPS screwed up, but that doesn't give a free pass for BHQ for the horrible email support.
A lot of companies are using the RONA as excuse for poor service where already there is a severe lack of accountability.
Just some examples like : Dropping phone support all together, removing call back service forcing customers to email or web support and waiting hours/days/weeks for a copy paste response from someone who didn't even read your message.
In general it seems there's plenty of NEW business being done that offsets the need for good customer service.

Back