Horton Knives....FIREARMS CHAT THREAD 3

It's rifle season for antlerless deer. Got this at about 10:30 am. 325 yd shot with .257 WBY Mag & Zeiss optic.
007-16.jpg

exit wound
006-17.jpg

Last edited:
Clean kill, Rick :thumbup:

I've got the chance to trade my Browning Buck Mark Target (+150 Euro) for a Hammerli X-Esse Short,,, I'm inclined to do this, but can't find a good review on the Hammerli X-Esse, is it any good and how easy is it to field-strip for cleaning ? :confused:

R. Nice shot. Mouth is watering from thinking of venison. The steak house nearby is going to have some on the special menu around my birthday next month. Can't wait. Red wine and cherry reduction over the top. Some green beans with garlic and roasted red bellpepper and some duck fat french fries. :jerkit:

Nice rifle, looks loud though! Need to quiet that baby down,,,:p

Thanks kurt. It's a little loud, but when my friend built it, he was trying to make it as light as possible, so that rules out suppressors. I'm guessing it weighs somewhere between 5-6lbs. It is also amazingly soft shooting. With the brake installed it recoils about like my heavy barrel rem 700 in .22-250!

Thanks for the Info Rick. My best friends son lives in Iowa may have to make it out next year to harvest some doe's.would love to do some long range sniping with my 06 or Weatherby accumark in 300 mag!

Mike

Some more options on a .22LR semi-auto pistol to replace my BuckMark Target opened up for me overhere, which one do you think is the best:

- Hammerli X-Esse (same as a Sig Trailside apparently !)
- S&W model 41
- Walther KSP 200

Thanks for any advice or shared experiences :)

Thanks for the Info Rick. My best friends son lives in Iowa may have to make it out next year to harvest some doe's.would love to do some long range sniping with my 06 or Weatherby accumark in 300 mag!

Mike

Cmon out. U always have a place to stay.

Don't know much about those different models chibbi, but I've never seen a walther perform well. Maybe others have had better luck

momma has a walther p22 and it'll jam up if you put anything but stingers through it

Back