Horton Knives....Official Firearms Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help what is draco I googled it and found draco malfoy from harry potter
And if u want to drill a hole in him maybe I am on the rong site

2010-12-16_09-11-00_858.jpg

I plan on having the rear trunnion and receiver cut for an under folder on my Draco. Hardware is running about $60.00 or so and the milling shouldn't cost too much. It's only a 16 mm hole and two smaller cuts on each side.
I may be able to even come out ahead cost-wise over running an ace.

have you shot much with an underfolder? In my humble opinion a sidefolder is MUCH better than an underfolder. I have and underfolder and other than the fact that it is an all original Polish gun, I hate the stock. Its a pain in the ass to deploy, it isn't very sturdy, and it's not the most comfortable to shoot.

have you shot much with an underfolder? In my humble opinion a sidefolder is MUCH better than an underfolder. I have and underfolder and other than the fact that it is an all original Polish gun, I hate the stock. Its a pain in the ass to deploy, it isn't very sturdy, and it's not the most comfortable to shoot.

The underfolder is the least expensive option and with the right setup, it'll run fine. It's also the original style for the 7.62 Suchkas/Krinkov. That's about as close as my budget is likely to allow me to get to a true Krink.

I really like the Romy wire folders, but that would require cutting the rivets, pulling the trunnion, welding up the rivet holes, drilling and cutting for the new trunnion and doing a complete refinish. Lots more work and LOTS more money.

I don't have enough time or experience with the Ace system to trust drilling and tapping the rear trunnion plate for the folder mechanism. Just seems like an open invitation for a stress failure in the trunnion to me.

There's even more work involved in going with a triangle sidefolder because of the internal folding mechanism and the forward latch.

I have a GP75 that I'll be installing a Romy sidefolder on. It's a straight bolt on swap, straight from the Romy factory. I want to do my mods right the first time, cuz I can't afford to do them the second time.

From my experience. Drilling and tapping holes (alot) there is no way two 10/32 screw holes can make a two by 3/4 thick price of semi hardened tool steel fail. So im using a ace.

Last edited:
Man,sure is a lot to the guns you guys have
all those accessories and what not
I wouldnt know what would fit on what

what they need is something that will indicate
what goes with what
like this

v59.jpg

Gunanimals

From my experience. Drilling and tapping holes (alot) there is no way two 10/32 screw holes can make a two by 3/4 thick price of semi hardened tool steel fail. So im using a ace.

I haven't seen or handled any examples of the Ace system. Without a physical reference, I don't trust it enough to place it on my first SBR. It's my issue and has nothing to do with anyone else who knows more about them than I do.

I'll tinker with one eventually as I'm not opposed to them. I just want to have a better frame of reference.

So many guns - so little time :confused:

I was thinking about picking up an AK until I went into data retard mode. Bulgy, Romy, Krink, Chinese, Hungarian, rifled, forged, milled, sheeeesh :eek:

If I was gonna have just one. I would get a arsenal saiga legion rifle. Closest u can get to all. Og. Russian. I have a slg 93. But its 5.45

Lots of stock options if you want to pay for solid sidefolder that is my. Favorite. Mine is fixed stock. I think I have like 8 something on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back