Hostile Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Job Mist!

You really know how to post some good threads. Keep it up. I'm gonna have to cook that stew now.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Jeez Mist, good thing I venture out of W&SS and over here once in a while, or I'd miss a bunch of your great threads;). Keep em comin bro, I'm loving em.

It's awesome to see an ESEE on spud duty. I guess they really are military grade...

7wt,did the HEST wash-up before it got to sit by the bowl of soup? :) i'm glad i ate before getting on here, or i'd be going wild looking at this great food and of course the HEST!! :D :thumbup::thumbup:

I have a pot of the recipe you gave me on the stove. I've tasted it a few times, and WOW! That's good. I added thyme cuz I didn't have any rosemary, but still, mmmmmm! Now, I just wish I had a nice baguette to eat with this. Great recpie!

Thanks man! Glad you liked the recipe. As I said it changes from time to time, some times I add Thyme also. Nothing like some good home-made soup and a fresh baguette! Now I just need to learn how to make the baguettes lol.

I got motivated by mistwalker's Hostile soup so I decided to make my own version. Here goes. First I cut up some celery, mushrooms, then skinned and cut a few carrots. Next the meat eater in me thought it would be good to throw in the left over rotisserie chicken from last night. The HEST made short work of this all. I was surprised how well the blade boned the chicken. The short thick blade has a ton of power, the chicken didn't have a chance. All of this was added into a pot of boiling water along with chicken bullion with white rice. A couple of minutes before the soup came off the burner, I added a handful of baby spinach leafs. The result, the best chicken and rice soup I ever had (even if I do say so myself).

812103050_stuLx-L.jpg

812103098_bZV9V-L.jpg

812103211_LGkYc-L.jpg

812103388_fpdKb-L.jpg

812103597_4G3Ja-L.jpg

812103812_jcMv4-L.jpg

812104534_DPZux-L.jpg

812104741_jVuP4-L.jpg

That looks awesome, I love to make soup from leftover roasted chicken! The HEST does an awesome job on food prep!

Great Job Mist!

You really know how to post some good threads. Keep it up. I'm gonna have to cook that stew now.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Thanks John, I appreciate the compliments and I'm glad you enjoyed the thread!

Jeez Mist, good thing I venture out of W&SS and over here once in a while, or I'd miss a bunch of your great threads. Keep em comin bro, I'm loving em.

Hey man, you know me...I'll always be hanging out where people actually use their knives...not lock them up behind glass I'm always either here or in the W&SS section :).

Thanks for the compliments man, I'm glad you enjoy them!

It's awesome to see an ESEE on spud duty. I guess they really are military grade...

Oh definitely...though I've never understood why the military always peels their potatoes...throwing a way the healthiest part! I don't even peel mine for mashed potatoes, but I enjoy cutting them up :)

Thanks, I've been eating and sipping on it off and on since I came in this evening...it's pretty darn good. Would have been better with a few roasted chillies or some dried New Mexico peppers but never the less it's pretty good.

Some hot green chili would have given your stew a nice little bite.:thumbup:

7wt,did the HEST wash-up before it got to sit by the bowl of soup? :) i'm glad i ate before getting on here, or i'd be going wild looking at this great food and of course the HEST!! :D :thumbup::thumbup:

Kinda, I keep it clean. It does have a few scratches on it from batoning some sticks for a fire or two. I did clean it after I cut the chicken although it was already cooked. Get you a HEST, my favorite knife I own by a long shot. In fact, I am thinking about parting ways with my RC3 so I can pick up another HEST just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back