Hot August Night Special Uddha Sword for 8/9

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Beautifully done 23 inch 31 ounce Uddha Sword by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Add to your growing Sword collection at $185. *SOLD*
Eamil to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

F7Ro8Cx.jpg

Bob
b3NlJNK.jpg

HzVe3FO.jpg

Last edited:
Email sent for the Uddha Sword.

Got the Done Deal. :)

Last edited:
Grats Dave! What a beauty, I would've been all over it, if you hadn't gotten to it first!

Auntie is out of them, but ordering more tonight! I'm guessing they ought to be here in a few months!

The Uddha Sword arrived a couple of days ago, through Yangdu's shipping magic. If you just see the blade by itself, as in the first picture above, without regard for the scale, it looks like a big steak knife. In person however, and in the hand, it is a real beast.

The spine thickness is 1/4" at the guard and tapers very gradually down to a respectable 3/16" just before the point. The handle is nice and thick, but not too thick, just right for my average sized hands. I think it would also work well for someone with big hands.

The 31 oz weight isn't a lot for a knife of this length (it's actually 23.5" OAL, though posted as 23"), but it feels heavy because the balance point is a full 4" in front of the guard. A good heavy, like for cleaving a foe from stem to stern, and also a good thruster.

The handle is a kind of in-between length, longer than one needs for a one-handed trip, and a little too short for a full two-handed grip. If the handle were shorter the blade would be even more front-heavy. Therefore, I suggest that future Uddha Swords be made with the handle an inch longer. It might not look quite as good that way, but would be a bit more practical. Of course that only matters if you really have a foe that needs cleaving from stem to stern. :eek:

I should add that the fit and finish of this blade is excellent, as is typical for Kumar Kami. I really can't find any flaws at all, and I know how to find 'em. The bolster is steel, the edges of the guard are nicely rounded with no rough or sharp edges, and the satisal handle is well shaped and finished. There is one touch of brass in the small round keeper at the butt. The sheath is all leather and a perfect fit.

What a beautifully designed blade! Classically simple lines. Everything a good weapon should be and nothing it shouldn't. Congratulations sir.

Back