How about a Fiddleback group buy????

Ok, all ironwood over white and black

I was only in for Osage! Bob, you are a savage -- Ironwood???.....dashing my dreams....

Ok. I guess Ironwood is an acceptable distant second alternative.

BTW, loving my new AEB-L Fiddleback!

2018011417144736-IMG_0333-X2.jpg

2018011417144736-IMG_0334-X2.jpg

My wife asked me to take down the Christmas lights-- she didn't say anything about putting them away... Well, actually she may have mentioned something; but, I wasn't listening....

Last edited:
I have doubts of this actually happening. They seem busy enough over there at the Forge!

That said, I would absolutely be in for an Osage HB in 3/32 AEB-L.

swonut swonut that Keppy is fricken awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing more AEB-L from the forge. If I remember correctly it's just under 1/8 stock correct?

I think this is a good idea, but I have some stipulations. I will talk to Bob today about those. I need to talk to ole Big Deal anyway.

One of the stipulations that is not up to Bob will be that there not be too many options. I'm OK with doing the 4 woods (Ironwood, Osage, Bloodwood, and Blackwood), but we will need for each wood to be matched with a specific set of liners. Allowing customization of the liners will trip us up here. An example would be Osage over natural with blue pinstripe. Ironwood over black with white spacers. Bloodwood over natural with white spacers. Blackwood over natural with white spacers. No exceptions. If y'all are willing to keep it to this, then we can likely make this a success.

Would you guys do a tapered tang or SFT? I’m in either way but TT has always been my favorite. I know it is just speculation at this point.

A 3/32 Hiking Buddy with Osage over natural with blue pinstripe. Sign me up! I'll definitely be keeping a look out for this.

Thanks Fiddleback Fiddleback for considering this:thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been wanting a Hiking Buddy for a while! Just haven't found the right combination or have been too slow! This may be my chance.

In for Osage! Fiddleback Fiddleback you surprised me with this response. You are the man, but you already know that ;)

This might mean I have to gift one of my HBs to either my brother or save it for one of my girls! But fear not, this beauty will be passed on after I pass on

49AFAF57-0E09-48F7-B9A2-39F1DF559218.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang I'm surprised as well Andy! I'm definitely in for one of the options, likely Osage, but one of the others may catch my eye. Definitely in for at least one though.

It would be cool to see one synthetic offering as well for those that prefer that. Might open the group buy up to a few more folks.

Last edited:
Back