How about a Fiddleback group buy????

That makes a lot of sense.
I am not a hunter (though, since joining this forum, I am thinking I’d very much like to experience it) and my uses would fall into the category “small woods knife” “hiking companion” (“hiking buddy”? ;-)) and I suppose the little bit of extra heft (1/8” is still relatively thin compared to so many other knives) feels like a touch of added security. Otherwise, I also try to keep everything as light and nimble as possible.

I'm a late onset hunter. Only been doing it for 4 years now, but it's become one of my favorite things to do.

It's actually pretty surprising how different a 3/32 feels compared to a 1/8.

I'm a late onset hunter. Only been doing it for 4 years now, but it's become one of my favorite things to do.

It's actually pretty surprising how different a 3/32 feels compared to a 1/8.
Would never have guessed from the pictures/posts I’ve seen.

I believe it. I only have one pattern in 3/32. My others, in 1/8, are either smaller or larger (OS LF!). But, yes, the 3/32 does feel very light and nimble.

So.... Any timeframe on when this might be happening? I haven't heard anything on this recently.

Haven't kept up as much on the board lately. Didn't even read this thread until now as I really thought there was no way Andy would do it. That being said......I would for sure be in for one and look forward to the official thread to get one!!!! Now, what wood.....

Ok, mine will be Blackwood over natural with toxic lime pinstripes. No one else can do that one.

I'm hoping to move some things in the flea market to fund this. 3/32 hiking buddy is top on my want list.

First off, thanks again to @Fiddleback for considering this idea. It's been a few days since I've been to this thread and it looks like a possible model change. I'm still in for at least 2 in whatever model comes out. Better yet, do a HB & HM run. I'll get a matching set. Maybe the colors Bmurray Bmurray picked out.??

I'm not so sure there was a model change as much as folks (not naming names here) might want a multi-model option. I'm still down with the idea but it looks like we'll have to wait to see what model or models and handle options are offered when the final idea is presented in a new post. That's when I'd be able to really pick from the options. Just sayin.

Well shoot, I'm in for a handyman in Osage over natural with blue pinstripes. That's just about the perfect knife for edc especially in aeb-l!

Here are our preliminary thoughts.......There still will be a "Official" thread started once everything sorted & we will start the process then.
Quantity: 20
Model: Hiking Buddy
Steel: .118" AEB-L SFT (that's in between 3/32" & 1/8")

Scales:
Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
Natural canvas micarta over natural liners & white pinstripes
Black canvas micarta over black liners & white pinstripes

We are trying to make this as easy of a process for us & you to hopefully make this a reoccurring "thing" w/ different Models offered each time.

I like all of the options :thumbsup:

I assume there will be a limit per person? (Hope so, in order that as many as possible get a chance to participate).

Here are our preliminary thoughts.......There still will be a "Official" thread started once everything sorted & we will start the process then.
Quantity: 20
Model: Hiking Buddy
Steel: .118" AEB-L SFT (that's in between 3/32" & 1/8")

Scales:
Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
Natural canvas micarta over natural liners & white pinstripes
Black canvas micarta over black liners & white pinstripes

We are trying to make this as easy of a process for us & you to hopefully make this a reoccurring "thing" w/ different Models offered each time.

Perfect!

I agree that given there will only be 20 of these made, it makes sense to have a one per person limit.

Back