How about a Fiddleback group buy????

Handle options look to be acceptable and a one per person limit makes sense if the batch will be limited to 20 knives. That being said, I'll be holding out in the hope that a Handyman is offered sometime in the future since I already have several stainless Hiking Buddy's in my collection.

+1 to the above. All the stipulations seem good and a one per person limit is probably a good idea. I hope this works because I too will hold off for a handyman in the future.

The folks at Fiddleback Forge are the best!

Here are our preliminary thoughts.......There still will be a "Official" thread started once everything sorted & we will start the process then.
Quantity: 20
Model: Hiking Buddy
Steel: .118" AEB-L SFT (that's in between 3/32" & 1/8")

Scales:
Desert ironwood over natural liners & white pinstripes
Osage over natural liners & blue pinstripes
Natural canvas micarta over natural liners & white pinstripes
Black canvas micarta over black liners & white pinstripes

We are trying to make this as easy of a process for us & you to hopefully make this a reoccurring "thing" w/ different Models offered each time.
Perfect. Ironwood combo for me. Will there be a stamp on them indication a group buy like GB1?

I thought it was agreed that “BIG DEAL” would be stamped across the full side of the blade...?

I think a small indicator on the tang - maybe at the back of the pommel - would be a nice/appropriate touch. And “GB” followed by the number of the series sounds like a good idea.

i would like to see final details, but i'm for-sure interested. of the handle options Vance mentioned, i like the Ironwood and Nat Canvas choices. i also like the osage, but don't prefer blue pinstripes. i could get over it though. :D

Edit: you guys are planning to do "li'l-bit-thicker" handles on this special group buy, right? ;)

Last edited:
I don't think a stamp is necessary. Making these precise combinations in this exact steel on this particular model an exclusive to the group buy could be neat, though. Honestly, if it happens at all I'll be happy.

The least amount of options the better. There gonna have there hands full. Greatful boss man that your willing to do this
Andy Roy is awesome!

Hope I'm fast enough to get in for an Osage as well:D. I'm betting these go crazy quick when they are released:eek:. Thanks again to Andy and the Forge guys for giving us a shot at this:thumbsup:

VANCE VANCE Any idea if it will be a surprise drop or if you guys will give a couple days notice when you will open the thread?

Thanks a lot

Hope I'm fast enough to get in for an Osage as well:D. I'm betting these go crazy quick when they are released:eek:. Thanks again to Andy and the Forge guys for giving us a shot at this:thumbsup:

VANCE VANCE Any idea if it will be a surprise drop or if you guys will give a couple days notice when you will open the thread?

Thanks a lot
im not sure. I guess when we figure everything out, I or Andy will make a post in this thread and announce when the post is going up

Back