How about a "True Stories" section?

This has come up before at BladeForums, but I want to bring it up again, now that there is a dedicated AKTI Forum:

Have you thought about adding a section on the AKTI web page for true stories about decent people using knives to solve interesting problems, save lives, etc? Obviously you'd want to screen the stories carefully so they don't all end in bloodshed, even if it's bad guys doing most of the bleeding. What I have in mind is a compilation of anecdotes that politicians and voters could read before they vote to enact poorly conceived knee-jerk anti-knife legislation.

Here's a link to a thread dealing with this topic from a few months ago:

http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000447.html

Similar stories have been posted in the "Good News Forum" at knifeforums.com

What do you think? Is this a good idea? At any rate, it would make compelling reading, and might give people another reason to visit the website.

Thanks.

David Rock

I second the motion. I'd like to hear some positive experiences that don't relate to a "it happened to me" theme. EMT's, firefighters, police, military personnel; I'm sure these fellows have some stories that illustrate the blade in a "helping" light.

------------------
Professor

Thanx David - a collection of stories can't hurt. If that collection is assembled here (perhaps on a separate thread) it could be saved for those times when needed.
sal

I agree.

It would make interesting reading. We had one where a guy got his foot caught in a tractor and used his knife to stab/puncture the oil filter, causing the automatic low oil shutoff of the engine. It saved most of his foot, his leg and maybe his life.

I think it would be a great idea for the website. Sal and I will bring it up at our AKTI meeting Friday.

Back