How about GB 2 sprints?

I’m going to be an attention whore and bump this because I see Sal has been around and I hope he sees this and comments.

My GB 2 continues to get a lot of carry time

Forgot to add I bought a 2nd one...this knife is too good and I need a back up!

Last edited:
I'm bumping again on the chance Sal is logging some extra computer times these days...

154cm would be a nice start! :)

I like liner locks so please don't mess with the design. XHP is my first choice followed by Cru-Wear. This knife deserves some nice looking scales.

100%, please do not take away the liner lock! GB1, GB2, Air, Mantra, Advocate, all are wonderful liner locks. For me, I wouldn't have gotten into Soydercos without the Bradley and I live 10min from SFO. I'd love to see the platform used to show off other tool steels that were used in the Mule series.

Reactions: rpn
Just like O Onies I would be in for 52100, as I'm starting to discover this beautiful carbon steel right now. Some pure cf or micarta scales would perfect this version of a great knife.

Last edited:
Are there any other steels that are linked to Mr.Bradley? As someone mentioned, he’s well known for his use of M4 and for using it to great success in competitions.

Are there any other steels that are linked to Mr.Bradley? As someone mentioned, he’s well known for his use of M4 and for using it to great success in competitions.

Carpenter PSF27 is similar to CPM-D2 and has been used on Spyderco/Bradley fixed blades...Bradley Bowie and Junction!

In use , My Junction has shown good corrosion resistance and edge retention in kitchen /camp task.

Carpenter PSF27 is similar to CPM-D2 and has been used on Spyderco/Bradley fixed blades...Bradley Bowie and Junction!

In use , My Junction has shown good corrosion resistance and edge retention in kitchen /camp task.

That’s right! A PSF27 GB2 would actually be cheaper than using M4, it’s a downgrade but is also a semi exotic steel that’s not used in a lot of knives.

I don't know. M4 is a big part of what makes it a Gayle Bradley. He's sort of famous for his use of the steel. Maybe different handle types/colors?

I agree- M4 is very good to start with and would be hard to top. Maxamet or 10V would do it. For those that want stainless, there are already a lot of good knives in stainless to choose from. The only stainless that would do the knife justice would be S110V. Elmax was mentioned but that is a step down.

As for different scales- that's an interesting suggestion. One or two different colors of G10 would probably be popular.

I think carbon fiber or titanium have to be stuck with. I can't think of a folder of his that falls out of that. I have a junction that rides on my binoculars harness because it is pretty flat and lightweight. It performs really well on deer and elk, but my wife's PMA11 is still a step above. That steel, maxamet, rex121, would be great. I'd be overjoyed to see the pattern continue on as a folder mule. Steel liners like GB1 drilled and tapped for scales, but without them

The GB2 is one of the “knives that got away” when I let it go. I loved that knife, and I kick 50% of myself for ever letting it leave. The other 50% of me knows better than to have any carbon steel anywhere near me. I look at carbon and it rusts. That said, I’d be in for a couple stainless GB2’s because I’ve been quietly dreaming of them for years now. :thumbsup:

I'd love a regular production GB2! My second Spyderco was a Gayle Bradley 1 and I always passed over the 2 because something else seemed to catch my eye. Haven't been in stock at SFO in a very long time, Or maybe we missed a restock the last few months!?!

I’ll take a g10 s30v version. It’s a great design even with basic(is s30v basic now?) steel.

Don’t mess with the design. I would take the either a GB1 or GB2 with micarta or real CF scales in 10V, K390, or Maxamet please.

Back