How did you discover Busse?

This will be a thread dedicated to how we all found the greatest knife company on earth!:D

Here’s my story:
I was enthralled with Daryl’s knife from the first episode he appeared in. Finally, after the episode in S2 called “Chupacabra” I said to myself “Alright, that’s it. I HAVE to get one of these”. So, I did some searching around, and eventually found that it was made by someone called “Busse” and it was called a “Team Gemini”.

I went to Busse’s site, found that nothing was for sale, and, like a lot of folks, thought “Huh, they must have gone out of business!” I did a little more searching and found Bladeforums, which led me to this subforum. I made an account, and created a thread titled “What happened to Busse?”:rolleyes:

The rest is history. Let’s hear yours!

I found Busse Combat Knives one snowy cold rainy day while internet searching out options for a new combat sniper rifle & or accessories. That search led me over to the Axelson website where they had a bunch of the Matt Axelson tribute knives:
Busse AxeHammer LE Satin infi & the coated knives on sale-https://www.axelsonusa.com/
I purchased one and was immediately blown away by INFI, was enamored, then jumped in headfirst to the Busse world which of course then led me over to BladeForums, what a great day!
That also led me to The Walking Dead series and thereafter I felt “no other knives would do”.
So here I am, & I still smile ear to ear every time I look at my Busse blades!

Last edited:
Great question. Was waaay back in 2013 so don’t recall. But I did watch an episode of “Naked and Afraid” saw a guy there with a large knife, so went Internet searching. Bought a Gerber LMF; then a Becker BK 2, then on to Swamp Ray, Busse, then Scrapyard. Then continued multiple times. An outdoor/camping guy, (less so as I’m older), so always had knives, but Aye Carumba!...not like the one’s I have now!

And I have every single knife I’ve ever owned. Never lost one, never sold one. Two on loan to two different nephews. That is all. You see...I just couldn’t bear to sell one. They’re my companions. Perhaps someday when I need the money. Hopefully, after I’m dead. I know y’all understand.

There were a couple of articles n American Survival Guide in the late 90s or maybe early 00s. The first one was evaluating survival knives and recommended a Steel Heart for a fixed blade (I think they were A2 at the time) and a Benchmade AFCCK for the folder. The second was about a new model called a Battle Mistress in a new steel called INFI. After reading the secnd article, I ordered a SHBM, SHSH II, and a SHBA.

I was searching for a super tough knife more than 10 years ago. I found their website, but back then, there was nothing available. I found the Busse sub forum and saw a picture of an FBLME. And loved it. I traded into a FBMLE, and that was the start...
JeMmPkF.jpg

sWSzUjM.jpg

lTDl5MK.jpg

nGnljMU.jpg

A couple of regulars on a firearms website I frequented were big fans of Scrapyard blades, they were always posting up their new buys, I would say this was 09 +/-. When the bug bit I started on SYKCO (Regulators) then Swamp blades (RMD) and got a B6 (my first INFI blade) as they were released. It was a slippery slope from there.

Did you ever try out a Busse model referred to as the “ASH1,” Andy?
I hear they’re pretty special - and potentially addictive.

Scrapyard back when a direct from shop fresh sr77 7inch was like $75 "maybe 95", then swamprat then finally busse in 2006/7... maybe 8 dunno my memory time and name wise is shutz

Randomly saw someone's steel heart on a website..2004ish I just thought it was the sickest blade. that wide blade with a spear point style gives it the profile of a shark or something, and) in a fat stock...have mercy!! Couldnt afford a Busse at the time.. years later my first busse was a tglb... then finally got the Ash1 I always dreamed of. It's still my favorite knife I have..

I’ve seen them pop up from time to time on a Canadian forum and had to investigate. Like most things I started with watching a few reviews online and quickly learned of their quality and customer service. My first one was a MMS, then a TGM, then a Park Ranger, then a FBM SE, then a TGLB, then a Rucki, then a TG Crusader, then a couple Hog Badgers, then a Nuked Forsaken Mistress, and now waiting for a couple Whiskey Wardens. This all started Late September 2017 ;) my one year anniversary is coming up!!!

I don’t exactly remember when I discovered Busse, but I do remember them being discussed back in the day...the “are they worth it” posts, the “what is INFI post” ...all that crap.

So of course I looked it all up, and I was hooked as soon as I saw them. But like many I’m sure, could not afford them in the beginning and later on, I was into guns.

I have a friend who’s into knives, and he got me back into it and once I started looking again, it all came back to me. So in 2 weeks I’ve bought 3 knives...

Glad to have found such a cool place to discuss knives and feed the sickness.

Well... The last thing I wanted to find was a crack addiction like Busseism! I was reading reviews on Nathan the Machinist's 3V choppers (I have a couple and they are amazing!) and many people compared them to Busse Infi choppers... I had to try this fabled stuff. I had no idea the forum was here, so I bought a NMFSH in bumblebee from dericdesmond on eWay. He was super nice and mentioned this forum to me. I was already an active member on bladeforums, just had not discovered Busse. That Steel Heart was (and is) amazing! She took an amazing convexed edge that took NO damage with heavy use. The Infi feels soft when sharpening, but feels dang hard when using! So, that knife is in my WSHTF bugout bag, ready for use, and I have boxes and boxes of Busse's all over my office and house. Do I blame Nathan, or Eric or Jerry? Not blame, thank!

-Will

I had an old Nightforce scope for sale over on Sniper's Hide a few years back and some guy asked if I would trade for Busse knives. "Never heard of them, but whadda ya got?" He sent me pics of a Custom Shop AK47, Hellrazor, Mudrazor, and some other one that I can't remember. Ended up settling on the AK47 and the Hellrazor. The HR felt so much different than the cheaper knives I was used to and I was just getting into the addiction that is setting up the "perfect" bugout bag so naturally I had to see what else Busse made. Found this site and the exchange and have spent a small fortune since...should have just kept that scope. :)

OK, I'll tell you how I found out about Busse. One day I'm waiting to get my haircut, great gal my wife went to school with, everyone around here knows her. One of our county deputies comes in, he has his dope dogs with him. He's the nephew of a good customer of mine and we've known each other for years. So I'm cuddling and petting his dogs and he says "Hey, you know Garth your neighbor? (he knows where I live) I said yeah I know of him, don't see him much, he works all the time, we wave is about it, I know who his dad is and I've done business with a couple of his uncles. He says "he works for Jerry Busse the knife guy?- I said "Oh, ok, who's Jerry Busse?" So he went into some stories about this Jerry guy. He starts telling me the most amazing sht about this crazy guy who makes knives and I'm like "come on man, I don't take you for a bullshytr, that sounds kind of nutz" He says Oh it's true! He then tells me a story, he's somewhere at one time, a store or the bank or something and he's standing in line- some guy comes up behind him and he feels a hand on his weapon and a guy behind him says "don't move, I got you" He turns around to Jerry laughing that he got the drop on him. Now, I'm getting this version from a deputy, that I know well and don't think he's pulling my leg- I thought, OK, I have got to find out who this guy is. So he told me all about Busse knives .... So I had to find out about who the hell this crazy dude is. I found the website, and this forum but at the time, couldn't order anything, nothing to buy so they must keep busy. Finally after maybe 10 years I landed here and decided "Yeah, I could get into a knife, I think I'll go buy at least 1, support my neighborhood and local folks" ..... Which I did and bought me a Busse.

Back