How did you discover Busse?

A couple of regulars on a firearms website I frequented were big fans of Scrapyard blades, they were always posting up their new buys, I would say this was 09 +/-. When the bug bit I started on SYKCO (Regulators) then Swamp blades (RMD) and got a B6 (my first INFI blade) as they were released. It was a slippery slope from there.

If you're talking about that -right arm of the free world" website . I seem to remember a few of those posts

Mine was back in early 2000's when I bought a Kabar knife. After about a year with the tiny Kabar knife, I asked myself, "Is there anything bigger and more dramatic than a simple Kabar knife?"

I started searching and when Google finally came around for the first time, I searched and landed on Busse knives. More specifically, the CGFBM knife.

I still haven't gotten myself a CGFBM knife yet but it was that knife that woke me up to everything Busse.

Many years ago I saw review of SHBM by Cliff Stamp. This article blew me out and I wanted to try some Busse really badly. Well, it took some years until the dream came true.
During this time I’ve sold all my Fallknivens, BRKTs and other knives and my keepers are only BUSSE blades and few custom knives made by my friend and one of the very true blade smiths in my country.
The only shame is, that I still miss some SHBM or ASHBM in my small collection ;) But I’m working on it... :D

r1tbi0N.jpg

Many years ago I saw review of SHBM by Cliff Stamp. This article blew me out and I wanted to try some Busse really badly. Well, it took some years until the dream came true.
During this time I’ve sold all my Fallknivens, BRKTs and other knives and my keepers are only BUSSE blades and few custom knives made by my friend and one of the very true blade smiths in my country.
The only shame is, that I still miss some SHBM or ASHBM in my small collection ;) But I’m working on it... :D

The Busse collection is Looking good , But you are correct. The shbm is one of the most simple and effective cutting tools known to man. Everyone should really try and get one.if you can’t purchase at least try to get your hands on one to try it out. It’s still my most fun and used Busse knives.

r1tbi0N.jpg

I have always been into guns but when getting geared up for a shtf situation I realized I didn't have a decent knife, so started searching on Google and ended up finding busse,,,,, then it started getting expensive and frustrating because I couldn't just buy what I wanted I had to start searching, which honestly was kinda fun, but the worst part is I've never even held one so I would have to buy one just to see what it feels like.... I've gone through prob 10 now and down to 4 that i think will be keepers

I've always been into hunting and wanted a tough knife that I could depend on. Doing an internet search back in 2010 turned up a site called Knife Tests and I saw that the highest marks went to Busse knives, and further research brought me to Bladeforums.

Like my kin residing in Valhalla, I wanted an Ulfberht, but that proved impossible.. Busse came to the rescue.

Odin is pleased!

I got sucked into a Ganzaaa vortex on this forum 9 years ago.

best

mqqn

I was in a Louisville, KY hotel with friends for Knob Creek. My friend was extolling the virtues of Busse. The next day we stopped at the Busse table at the shoot and oogled the wares. Was kinda hooked then.

I had the money and an opportunity to purchase a Gladius there too. Thought it over and fondled it but didn’t buy.

Not sure it was the same KC but I grabbed a TG MO there. I’ve parted with that one since then.

Kicking myself now for both.

In early 2012 I was obsessed with the Chris Reeve Green Beret and going down an hours long rabbit hole on Youtube. One of the suggested videos was a NMSFNO. I clicked on it and thought that was a badass knife, which then led to more NMSFNO videos. Then those led to FBM videos and that was all she wrote. Then Google led me here and back to Youtube and Noss tests. Eight years later I got my first and only Busse. The prices still make me choke, but I don't regret it and plan on doing it again in the future. You get what you pay for.

I discovered Busse knives somewhere between the late 90's and early 2000's. When I moved to Alaska in 99 and got the internet that's when I started finding out more about them. In 2001 I went to my local knife store Northern Knives and I took around 10-15 knives to see if they would take any on trade. I traded my knives plus a little cash for two knives and one of them was a Basic 5 with a kydex sheath. A few years later I found out by one of the owners Ryan that he was wanting to keep the Basic 5 for himself but at the time he forgot to tell his dad Ray not to put it out on display. That was the day that really started me down the Busse road.

I was looking on the googal for super thick knifes and found em.

it all started with wanting ONE KNIFE.......

oh crap theres more than one?

In my early teens as a kid that always liked knives with an indulgent mother we would stop by the now long closed local knife store every couple weeks. One day near my birthday we were on that side of town and my mom said "hey do you want to stop at the knife store?". I didn't know she had planned it and wanted me to pick out a knife for my birthday a few weeks early to help surprise me. So I'm looking and I see a STUNNING!!! mirror polished Bowie with beautifully shaped handle scales, there it was a hand made hollow ground A2 Busse field grade monster!!! I won't say the price but more than 20 times the price wouldn't touch it these days ,but it was still a good amount of money but she said it was ok. I took it home and have loved it for about 30 years now, I lost my mom 12 years ago and I will always remember the smile one her face that day. I have more Busse goodness but at all goes back to that one.

I had always been into survival stuff, it started with watching Dick Proenneke on PBS as a kid. Around 2008-2009 I started watching a lot of the survival/gear stuff coming out on Youtube, found a video of some Japanese guy with an FBMLE shaving curly cues out of paper...Then found the Busse company store that had a SAR-4 DCBB with Black Micarta. Oh man, something about that DCBB black micarta that blew me away, had never seen a knife that looked like that before. Then I found these forums, saved up some money and went a little Busse Wild. I was looking for one end all be all knife, HA...yeah right...boy was I Dreaming.

This pic was taken right after I got into the madness.
A7tp6ac.jpg

For me it was around 1999-2000 or so. I saw the test on the Basic 9 where they cut all the rope. I thought I had to get one and see if the hype is real. Found one on clearance for $100 on a now defunct knife site called discountknives.com. Snapped it up, found out the hype was real, and the rest is history.

About GFC…
Couldn’t afford any one at the time… lotsa moving, intercontinental… crappy jobs…
tanker grey/tan canvas RMD in 2010 was the first one…
Within 3 months I had afore mentioned RMD, tanker grey Swamp Warden & tanker grey/ black paper M9…
I could… NO! I should have stopped right then!!!

Was a Beckerhead for years, best bang for your buck… One day watching Hoods Woods I wondered what’s he carrying? Google led to Busse and I asked myself what is Infi? Said to myself it must be great to demand that price.. YouTube to see Destruction videos .. Sold a few Beckers I had Customized and Bought a HG55 LE on EBay and the rest is history…
51DDA1DF-84BB-4EC6-A964-167ACF875AD6.jpeg
Here’s my favorite 🤩

Back