Off Topic How did you find out about bladeforums?

How did you find out about blade forums? whether it was a recommendation, read about it in a magazine or on a website or found the website yourself go ahead and post about it here in this thread. I came to this forum doing research on the TL-29 electricians knife so I lurked for about a year then signed up as a member.

I was on Twitter and YouTube many years back, and was searching for bushcrafting and survival related info using Google. I read Blade Forums for years before I joined...did not want any more social media accts, but I finally joined.

No longer ON Twitter and am thinking abt ditching Facebook. I follow a few profiles on Twitter without logging in. Facebook wants everyone's banking info now.....Jesus, I'll quit if they do that.

For years, my motorcycle tool kits have been supplemented with Opinels and SAKs. Several years ago, my wife started giving me knives as gifts, which expanded my interest generally, and led me to visit BF occasionally. Then a thread on Moras on the Smith-Wesson forum contained a link to BF, which drew me to the Traditional subforum.

Used to read a newsgroup called Rec.Knives back around 2000ish, someone mentioned Bladeforums, and some industry fight that was going on. So I popped in to read that, and I've been here ever since.

Interesting thread, because I just joined today. I have lurked for a long time, since like many others, each time I searched information on knives I was pointed this direction. Lately I have made a few purchases and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. :)

I was recommended this forum from a fellow member on a Louisisna based gun forum, bayoushooter. I had recently made a few knives and a blown burner forge just before joining here.

I can't even tell you have many knives I've bought in the last 14 years because of this place. I stopped counting about 8 years ago.
You and me both on this, but I never started counting. I found this forums when things started getting bad on Ebay, never looked back a lot of good people around here.

Google for me as well. Almost every time I'd Google something knife-related, some of the first quality links would point here; that led me to start lurking, and then to sign up.

I was googling a few knives and the forums always can up with what I was looking for. Funny an earlier poster mentioned the "hawkchete" and I still want one. Made by the condor manufacturer and other than a weird design should be a quality item.

Another Google convert here. Every time I was interested in a knife and doing research the Blade Forums content in the search results always yielded the best info.

I don't really remember how I ended up on BF. But I first heard about the forums in the fall of 2005 via a magazine article. I was mostly interested in gun forums, but branched out to other interests rather quickly. I probably saw forums prior to that, but I had a internet telephone connection and pictures loaded so so slow. 2005 is when I upgraded to DSL and a few years ago, fiber optics.

Back