How did you first hear about the HI forum?

It sounds crazy but I had a dream......[for real].......check this webb site as I browesed the few other forums and now I'm hooked! It was my fate?

FWI..... IO has M44s for 39.95. Great little carbines.

Bruise..... If we didn't like fruits and nuts, we wouldn't be here. ;)

Great thread..... It's good to meet all of y'all.

Brian

...this thread could use a few more additions from the new folks who have joined the Cantina in the last year or so...

O.K. - I ruined my machete and searched for something better - found the Cold Steel Khukuris on their Webpage, liked the shape and searched further for Khukuris, had a bunch of questions and found this forum were some strange people did help me very much... - and here I am - still more a lurker than a real member but I like it here. :D

Andreas

Let's see. 23 now. In jr. high, used to get US Cavalry catalog. GOt first exposure there, some "authentic" Kukri's, though I'd be even money they were Indian made junk. Either way, didn't have the money. Saw CS come out with theirs, again, didn't have the money.

Few more years went by, always been ineterested in knives. Last summer/fall friend Scott Fulford got me interested in making my own knives. When my emails started flooding his inbox with questions, and he realized the monster he created, he poitned me over here to Bladeforums and the SHop Talk forum. In the past 6 months or so, coupla friends started talking about khuk's again,a nd I got around more of the forums here. Not exactly sure how I ended up here. It was either jsut browsing the forums, one of them mentioning HI, or the link from HI's website(or some combination of the three), but anwayys, have my 15" AK here now, getting more. Guys(and ladies) here are great, glad I came over to this part of bladeforums.

I was browsing bladeforums and kept reading about these khukuris and how tough they were. Checked out the forum and lurked for a while. Tried to decide what I was going to buy next, khukuri or tomahawk. My mind was made up when I went to a reno gunshow and one of the knife dealers I know had a 16.5" Chiruwa AK by Bura. I held it in awe for 10 minutes, forked over the cash, and that was it:D. I am hooked, I finally found The Knife:D ;)

I was browsing through the Therion Arms links page that led to them HI website. That led here when I found that the Villigers and blems where listed on the forum.
Now I'm just here, looking forward to my fist UBBB.

Hang in there, Red. Worst of all is the wait after you snag your first one. Uncle Bill's service is wonderful, but anticipation can be such a killer.

Thanks for the updates, guys. Nice to know everybody's story.

Ok new guys...

This is how you pay your dues...

Read all our nonsense, type some of yours, and then post your ugly mug (in the other thread, of course...:rolleyes: )

Welcome!

Had time to read and roam the Internet while on XMAS vacation... I looked up the new offerings of Cold Steel (I've owned a Trailmaster and Tanto in the past), and eventually came to a site where a CS khukuri was compared to a HI khukuri, and fared better! Knowing very well the "legendary" toughness of the Trailmaster, I immediately looked up Himalayan Imports. I could not even get in and see their khukuris which was frustrating, and sent an e-mail to Uncle Bill. Having know idea who he was, I respectfully addressed him as "Dear Sir", if I recall correctly. No response... (He was in Kansas I later learned). I then proceeded to read the entire webstite, and was VERY interested, and even more frustrated that I could not see his khukuris, and buy what i thought would be one, and that would be it...

I eventually found a way to enter the HI website by clicking on swords, and then on the khukuris on the left margin. I also found the forum, and liking Japanese katanas, asked many questions as diplomatically as I could about khukuris. Yvsa and a few others were very patient, and I finally got gently straightened out, and even more interested in learning as much as i could about khukuris. I really found a wonderful group of helpful, witty, and very intelligent and caring people on the forum, and am most happy to have done so.

I've purchased a GS and a Kobra thus far, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the GS and Customs advisory note, so as to see if I will have any problems receiving the sword in Italy, where they are basically illegal. If not, I will then order a special order Chitlangi, and then... If it is illegal, I will explore the possibility to have it sent to another EEC country, and then off to Italy.

If anyone can host a photo, I'd be happy to post one on the other thread of myself with my young son at a circus in Italy. It's one of my favorite shots of myself and my best buddy in the world... :)

Dan

I was looking around on the net for information about Gurkhas, actually I seem to remember I was looking for something specific, anyhow I had been reading about Khuks and the war in Burma (ok, so I was reading about the a bloke who served with the Gurkhas and so I couldn't not want a Khuk), found HI and got addicted, though this was in August and I didn't get my first HI blade until Xmas I just ordered my third today but I didn't pay for the last 2 (one is my fathers and the other is for my brothers birthday, so I am passing the HKIV contagion to 2 others).

Originally posted by Drdan
Had time to read and roam the Internet while on XMAS vacation... I looked up the new offerings of Cold Steel (I've owned a Trailmaster and Tanto in the past), and eventually came to a site where a CS khukuri was compared to a HI khukuri, and fared better!

The HI khukuri fared better than the Cold Steel khukuri. :footinmou

Dan :)

I kept coming across glowing comments on HI khukuris, then saw there were two HI forums. This one seemed far more active, so . . .:)

Found it when I clicked on the link for blems on the HI website.
Yaj.

I found and caught HIKV while looking for a present for my son.

I was browsing Ar15.com and someone had started a thread on coldsteel khuks and one of the members here had a picture and link of his HI khukuri.

I'm already up to 5 HI khukuri's since 12 December 2003.

You forgot about me and the rest of the flakes. Now that you have my big nose bent all out of shape I'll tell you how I got here. Read about the Gurkhas a long time ago and immediately decided I had to have a "kukri". Bought every piece of junk I could get my hands on. Eventually realized what a dolt I was to buy all that crap and started to be a little more discriminating. Moved on to CS [oh well] and then to Gurkha House. The last one was okay but disappeared suddenly and I was left an orphan. Finally, I started surfing the web for "khukuri's" and stumbled upon the HI website. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, this is really cool. Wow, look at all this stuff, ain't it great. Now I can blow every dime I have! My first steal was 18" Bura Chitlangi and HIKV took over. After funbling around the website for a while I spotted this thing called "the cantina". Uh oh, I bet it's a bunch of gun totin, knife throwin, tobacco spitting, sheep chasin, half-wit, rabid knuckle-draggers. I think I better stay out of their way. Well, I did for a while but then I thought, hell I'm a lard-butt, fat-@ss, rough-tough cream-puff I can handle these guys. Wrong-o, they were more witty, funny, knowledgeable, and better educated than I will ever be. So I just showed up and showed them how stupid a real kalifornia flake could be. Ain't you lucky!:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by crooked knife
After funbling around the website for a while I spotted this thing called "the cantina". Uh oh, I bet it's a bunch of gun totin, knife throwin, tobacco spitting, sheep chasin, half-wit, rabid knuckle-draggers.

I resemble that remark and that's on a good day, besides, just what's wrong wit dat?:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Yvsa...I had to check to see if my web cam was connected!

Back