How did you first hear about the HI forum?

I got tuned into the HI forum and Khuks in general through brother-in-law Don Nelson. We live relatively close to each other so we would see each other for family get-togethers every month or two, and it would seem that just about every time we got together he would show me his latest acquisition. For years it was a new handgun or rifle, and he actually got me interested in acquiring a handful of guns myself. However about two years or so ago it suddenly switched to swords - he and his daughter were getting whole hog into swords of a variety of denominations. Somehow I couldn't get into swords in general (still can't, other than katanas), however he one day about six months ago showed up with six khukuri he had just gotten from Uncle Bill. He laid them all out on my pool table for my close inspection and I was smitten, and was introduced to the HI forum that day. Now eight khuks later and counting........

I knew about Bill Martino 15 years back when he was still in the Julian or Alpine area of San Diego County.

About 1996 got a computer and found he was in Reno.

That's about when I first ordered one of his kukris. My first kukris though were prior to this. Some from Cold Steel (Good quality but uninspired designs) and the Indian Army model (aarrrrrrrrrrrghhhh).

Searched around for the best quality khuks and kept finding the HI name show up. So from the HI page, I found the link to this forum. The rest was blem fever and 3 quick purchases ;)

--Rip

Back