How do SOG Arc Locks hold up?

I was wondering how does the Arc Lock perform. Is it durable? Do they have any long term problems?

Thanks
Jack0458

I've been carrying a vulcan for a year and it only gets smoother the more it gets used. It can be difficult to sharpen but I think it's more the user and not the tool. Great knife.

I think they are better than axis except that arc lock is easier to disengage, which is alittle more dangerous.

I have a Night Vision and a Vulcan and I love them both! They are the smoothest opening folders that I own (which includes Benchmade, Kershaw, and Emerson). They have very solid lockup, too. I don't have any axis lock Benchmades, but the ones I've handled at retailers didn't seem as smooth as the arc lock.

I say nay. Had a vulcan for about 20 minutes before the lock stopped working and wouldn't engage fully. had to send it in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PILLZ.jpg

Grabbin Pillz
Knives I have to Trade
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814765

I say nay. Had a vulcan for about 20 minutes before the lock stopped working and wouldn't engage fully. had to send it in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PILLZ.jpg

Grabbin Pillz
Knives I have to Trade
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814765

Is that the only SOG folder you have? Have you had other problems? Was this issue resolved?

Thanks

Is that the only SOG folder you have? Have you had other problems? Was this issue resolved?

Thanks

I'd like to know the answers to these questions, too. Every manufacturing company sends out defects. It's my opinion that how they handle these cases that makes the difference.

I got a used Pentagon Elite 2 from a friend back in 2004 with the Arc Lock. That blade has been flicked open more times then I can count using the arc lock and has held up great. Personally I rather like the Arc lock, It's solid and very left handed friendly.

Back