How do the edges of the Manix 2 LW's handle feel in-hand?

The Manix 2 Back Lock is the best of all. However, it is not as light as the LW.

I gave the back lock version some serious consideration (and actually had similar concerns about its chamfering, or lack thereof), but ultimately decided that the CBBL was a big part of my enjoyment of the Manix. I'm excited to see how the combination of CBBL and incredibly light weight works for me.

The Manix 2 LW is an ergonomic home run for my meaty paws. It seems to offer me the most attractive balance of features on the Manix platform. I have a G10 and a new Backlock as well, but the LW gets the most use and pocket time. The G10 is more weight than I prefer in a folder, and the Backlock seems rather blocky in hand, especially when using the choil.

I have hopes that we'll see the Backlock evolve because I'm totally smitten with how authoritatively the lock engages. Maybe one day we'll see a sprint run with thinner, more rounded carbon fiber handles and a steel upgrade?

The Back Lock has a resounding THWACK! when it engages. It sounds like a vault or something. I've never heard a back lock sound like that when engaging. Not only that, but the knife actually vibrates with the force of the lock up. I love it.

Yes, the LW is a lot easier to carry, however, I like the feel of the BL version, too. Both are great and I have and use both. They are very different in feel from each other.

The Manix 2 LW is an ergonomic home run for my meaty paws. It seems to offer me the most attractive balance of features on the Manix platform.

My LW just came in, and this was one of my first thoughts about it: For me, it occupies a sweet spot between the G10 version, which I wished was either lighter or narrower, and my other knives. I am delighted by this knife!

CicpG2R.jpg

uv3MWYa.jpg

With respect to the edges of the FRCP, I find them quite comfortable. I wouldn't mind if they were slightly more rounded, but they're rounded just enough to not feel blocky. Comfort-wise, it sits somewhere between the PM2 (not comfortable for me) and the Military (unbelievably comfortable for me), and well above my threshold for "this feels good in my hand."

Thank you all again for your feedback on the handles! I couldn't be happier with my choice. :thumbsup::D

:thumbsup: Glad you like it! That’s the same one I have.

Comfort is relative to intensity and duration of use, so that’s always hard to gauge among users. Enjoy!

Back