Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Other: please explain.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I buy every model from a specific manufacturer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I buy the models I like from a specific manufacturer

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
How do I buy my Beckers'? The old fashioned way, with cash.

Tanker how do you like the Becker scales on your machete?

I've thought about doing a couple of mine the same way.
I've got to see if it will work on mine.
The Becker large scales are very familiar to my hand. When the plastic scales finally broke on my 30 year old machete it was a no brainer. I had to drill one hole and I got lucky with the spacing on the other two. The center hole really wasn’t needed for such a light blade but it lined up. I had a little over hang on the scales and the blade thickness was pretty thin. I made some liners out of Garlock boiler gasket and the problem was solved. She ain’t no Beauty Queen but my tool shed ain’t no castle either

Last edited:
I dont understand the question i didnt know becker had different manufacturers. I have a bk7 camillus and my others are ka bar. Have the 2 7 and 15 gifted my 9
Lots of people are reading but arent voting, otherwise, 150 ppl viewing should see closer to 150 votes!

Even if everybody voted and viewed everytime somebody else voted, there should have been a lot more votes mathematically than 7!

As to manufacturers, Beckers were originally made by Blackjack until they went out of business, then Camillus picked them up and now Ka-Bar makes them overseas and in the US. So lots of manufacturers have had their turn at making them.

Unfortunately, far too many things are made somewhere else. Also unfortunately, for many companies, it is the last resort before going under or selling out . Hopefully that never happens to Kabar & BK&T.

I dont understand the question i didnt know becker had different manufacturers. I have a bk7 camillus and my others are ka bar. Have the 2 7 and 15 gifted my 9
This. The OP's question does not really correlate with the poll, which is probably the reason for the lack of votes.

Lots of people are reading but arent voting, otherwise, 150 ppl viewing should see closer to 150 votes!

Even if everybody voted and viewed everytime somebody else voted, there should have been a lot more votes mathematically than 7!

As to manufacturers, Beckers were originally made by Blackjack until they went out of business, then Camillus picked them up and now Ka-Bar makes them overseas and in the US. So lots of manufacturers have had their turn at making them.
Which Beckers do Kabar make overseas? I was under the impression they're all US made?

I think I’d have to say that most Becker fans don’t really have a preferred manufacturer. Which may reflect the lack of votes.

While I enjoy Ka-bars current offerings, I’d have no problem buying a Camillus model or even a Blackjack model if the price were right. I wouldn’t overspend for a Cam or BJ however.

The only model I’d pay a tad extra for would be a Camillus BK-9. It’s a little thicker and my old Cam-9 hit like a hammer! Until it snapped…

Ka-bar is doing a helluva job with the Becker line and I hope it will be that way for years to come. I wish they’d bring back the Machax in a slightly thicker steel. And bring back the BK-5…and find an economical way to grind the BK-6! Haha!

Amazon, same as the micarta handles. BK5 I got after people kept raving about it and scolded me about the quality of the gift you get when getting a BK-20 when they were available, I was pretty ignorent back then. Economic reasons kept me from getting one the time. Dang Evil Need For Money! (See I didn't say DANG EVIL CAPITALISTIC SYSTEM!) But as they were being sold off big time and affordable...very affordable I got one. Next week they went above 120% of Retail asking price. BK-5 is a good knife all I can say. (I won't say that "It is what it is of the is ising of the is it is" type of pandering). Same reason I got a BK4, when they were being sold off because they were discontinued. The get just incase I like it manuver did pay off, only regret was it was its hard to find more that are affordable in new like condition.

I had one of each, ya know gotta catch them all, then I didn't know embassy to do with them so I started selling them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back