How do you carry your SAK?

Thanks I've just started sak. I recentlty just grew out of my tactical phase. I have a super tinker and love it.

Depends which one and what I am doing. My outdoor SAK is almost always an OH Trekker, usually carried in a belt sheath but sometimes RF pocket. For out and about most days, I have a Super Tinker, also carried in a belt sheath, but sometimes a pocketed Tinker. For years a Swisschamp was my only SAK, carried in the same belt sheath, but now it only rides with me on special occasions or in my luggage when traveling. No matter what SAK I have with me any time, there is always a Rambler attached to a micro light "fob" in my jeans fifth pocket. Those are my only EDC SAKs.

I have the SwissChamp and WorkCham. I have carried the SwissChamp in the pocket, but both I prefer to carry in a belt sheath.

I have my OH Trekker on a 1/8" bungie cord, about 18" long. I have a loop on one end, run it around my belt, then back thru the loop, the OH goes in my right front pocket. I can do about 95% of my tasks with the lanyard around my belt, but if I need to remove the lanyard, I do not have to open my belt to do it. I started doing this after losing several SAK's riding in Tuk Tuks in Thailand. John

Leather belt pouch. Carry a Vic Farmer there every day.

A Wenger Esquire is always with my keys on an s-biner.

I carry my Classic SD on my keyring between my pocket prybar and little flashlight. I carry a second in the pouch of my BK9 sheath. I carry a Fieldmaster in the inside pocket of my work vest.

I have my OH Trekker on a 1/8" bungie cord, about 18" long. I have a loop on one end, run it around my belt, then back thru the loop, the OH goes in my right front pocket. I can do about 95% of my tasks with the lanyard around my belt, but if I need to remove the lanyard, I do not have to open my belt to do it. I started doing this after losing several SAK's riding in Tuk Tuks in Thailand. John

OMG John Larsen! I still recall reading one of your articles in an early Tactical Knives magazine about losing one after falling and or sliding down a hill and your teammates laughing about the fall, and not realizing the SAK was gone until later!

Always love your articles! I really enjoy your style of writing.

David

David From NC
I thought that sounded familiar, I remember that now. I think it was in either Fighting, or Tactical knives wasn't it? Great article John.

David From NC
I thought that sounded familiar, I remember that now. I think it was in either Fighting, or Tactical knives wasn't it? Great article John.

I get articles twisted up "in mah head" sometimes ;) but I'm 99% sure that was John Larsen writing in an early (if not the premier issue) of Tactical Knives.

My next favorite article of his "off the cuff" (without thinking too hard) is the article on the "sissi-puuko" knife (which I still want to try-watching one on another forum!)

I'll need to look that one up in the future. Though I don't have a puuko they are on my radar.

Back