How do you carry your SAK?

In my jeans' small pocket (aka 'lighter-pocket'), hooked up to a chain with my keys at the other end. Keys go in my normal pocket, right under the SAK-one.
The chain usually hangs out of the pocket.

I've carried my Tinker in my right front pocket for a couple years now. Nothing special, I just throw it in with my car keys.

During the work week my small tinker is usually in my right front pants pocket. On the weekend the small tinker or sometimes another SAK is usually in my left front pocket loose with keys and change with a larger folder in my front right pocket.

David From NC. Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but left on the 11th to go work the SHOT Show in Lost Wages. Yes, the article was in Tactical Knives back in 1995. I got my OH Treker in late 2001, and have been using the bungie/lanyard every since. Thanks for the kind words about my articles. John

I carry my Vic Executive loose in my RF pocket with some other stuff. I also recently got a Rambler, which I'm carrying down in my left cargo pocket. I haven't needed to carry any of my standard-sized Vic SAKs, because I EDC a Vic Spirit on my belt almost everywhere. I've never liked carrying an SAK on my keyring, even the small ones.

Jim

One in a leather pocket slip,which came with a Leatherman WIngman. The other in a nylon pocket organizer, which is basically two pockets sewn together with a divider, than slips into your pants pocket.

I just usually carry it in my right front pocket. With my red cadet I generally try to to carry anything else in the pocket like my keys because I'd rather not scratch the scales up. I'm not trying to baby it but I'd rather it wear naturally than scratched up. I got my clear red Vic Climber used so I don't really mind carrying it with other things since its already worn to begin with. A couple of years ago I picked up a new Clear Sapphire Spartan for like $13 put it was just too pretty for me to be able to carry it haha.

The more I look at this the more I wonder, "How have I not heard of this before?"

You should really try it. It's discrete and it's very easy to access your SAK. I had just a lanyard on it for a while, but the lanyard will fall into the depths of my pocket and I would end up fishing for it like how I would without the lanyard. I didn't want to use a carabiner, so voila!

Loose in my left front pocket next to my phone and flashlight. My Victorinox Sportsman has been getting alot of pocket time since I started carrying my multitool again. I used to carry my Victorinox explorer on most days and still do when I'm at home.

This is excellent! I did this same pen cap clip for my keys. it's been very helpful especially since my workplace has a locked door policy

Kydex Necker....

SAKSoldierandNecker_zpsb2dfde90.jpg

With these Kydex neckers , how well do they retain the knife . How much force is required to insert and remove the knife ?
It doesn't appear that the knife shape has any contours which would help with retention , so I assume its just clamping force that does most of the work .
I'm interested in one because I've just purchased an Electrician , but I'm just trying to find out as much as I can .

Thanks

Ken

Back