How Do You Carry Your Swiss Army Knife?

Depends, - I carry a Tinker in my pocket at home but a Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch when I'm out of the house.
Rich

RFP next to the wallet to keep it up right. Recently, I've also been carrying a classic in my button up shirt pocket (I'm doing a 30 day 58mm SAK challenge, with emphasis on challenge). If I'm camping or out in the woods I'll put it in a kydex next sheath so that it easier to get at.

When I carry a Cadet, it sits in a pants pocket. The One Hand Trekker rides in an inner tube belt sheath.

tube-belt-sheath.jpg

^^Nice, I think that I shall have to ry the same for my Hunter xt. I usually carry my SAK's in a pocket, or occasionally in a clip on leather slip.

I carry an Electrician in my right front pants pocket every day, and every day in my left front pants pocket, my Classic is on a little chain attached to one of those squeezable plastic coin holders that my daughter gave me years ago. Occasionally, I'll also have a cellidor MiniChamp in my watch pocket if I'm wearing jeans, or if I have no watch pocket, the Minichamp has a short "hangman's noose" fob attached that I stick through the buttonhole of my left rear pants pocket so that the Minichamp hangs down inside that back pocket. I usually have a Vic Camper in an outside pocket of my backpack so that a saw is available.

If you check out this photo, my written explanation will probably make more sense, since you can see the Minichamp and fob, the Classic and coin holder, the Camper with saw deployed, the Electrician, and more.
H5YRriG.jpg

- GT

I have two different cary methods for my Tinker Swiss Army Knife, when i am at home i carry it in my cell phone holster which has a small pocket for a pocket knife or multi-tool when i am in my wheelchair i carry it in a Dark Green fanny pack.

I carrry my 111mm Adventurer in my pants pocket. If I bring along one that is thicker (more layers), I go with a Vic belt sheath or just slip it inside my day pack and hiking is the dominant place I would carry a thicker SAK with more tools versus day to day.

KSF (Knives Ship Free) has nice leather pocket slips; you have to dig a little at their website to find them. AG Russell also sells various pouches and slips. I carry my GEC #42 in a KSF pocket slip when I carry it.

I carry my Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch.

Harronek -

I love that belt pouch with the flashlight! Is that a homemade or commercial made pouch? Looks like an Inova light in it. Would a Deluxe Tinker fit along with an Inova light?

Rich

I carry my Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch.

Harronek -

I love that belt pouch with the flashlight! Is that a homemade or commercial made pouch? Looks like an Inova light in it. Would a Deluxe Tinker fit along with an Inova light?

Rich

That is a sheath I made myself .
Those combination sheaths are a bit tricky to get right and your choice of light is a bit limited as it has to be straight sided for its whole length , most lights flare out at the lens end .
There are a number of custom sheath makers here on the forum that would make you one I'm sure , I've no idea what it would cost you though because I don't sell my work .
They are a great sheath though and I call my one the BBQ sheath because its great to have on your belt when you go out at night to friends places for a BBQ . With a Farmer and a flashlight there isn't much you can't do :)

1afd721236437a46e178e3553652d2ba_zps27fd36d1.jpg

Ken

It's really nice work. I've a Inova X1 that would fit perfectly, but the Deluxe Tinker might be a problem.
At the moment, my Tinker is in an old leather sheath from some knife or other from a long time back and my Inova in a nylon belt pouch that I cut off the flap and restitched. It all works, but not as nice or elegant as your work.
Rich

Hi, Fellas.

I've been using the dummy cord to hang my farmer off my belt loop into my rear pocket. It works great! This way, I can carry my farmer and Svord mini peasant. Never thought I'd be a 3 knife guy (Classic on the key ring)...

Hi, Fellas.

I've been using the dummy cord to hang my farmer off my belt loop into my rear pocket. It works great! This way, I can carry my farmer and Svord mini peasant. Never thought I'd be a 3 knife guy (Classic on the key ring)...

I'm a firm believer in attaching a knife to yourself someway or another , I dont carry a knife just in my pocket .
If it doesnt have a clip , or a belt sheath isnt possible due to your trouser not being designed for a belt then there is only two options for me .
Button down shirt pocket or lanyard with quick detach clip tied to yourself somehow .
Here is a pic of when I was on holiday at Christmas , my trousers arent belt compatible so my knives are clipped onto me .
Spyderco inside my waistband and Farmer on lanyard tied to the drawstring of my trousers . The lanyard just loops around while the knife is in my pocket .

Ken

Back