How Do You Carry Your Swiss Army Knife?

I use about an 18-inch, 1/8-inch bungie type lanyard, with my OH in my front right pocket. I had used nylon belt sheaths with a velcro closed flap, but it did not work for carry in civilian clothes. Tried just carrying a SAK in my pocket , but lost several that way. I have used the lanyard since 2001 and still have the same OH so it is working and I find I can do about 95% of what I use the SAK for with the lanyard attached to my belt. I put a loop on the end of the lanyard, push the loop under my belt and feed the SAK back thru the loop and tighten it down. If I need to take the lanyard off of the belt, I do not have to open my belt to do it. John

If it's a 58mm, it's hooked to the keychain with an s-biner. My 84 and 91/93mm ones are deep pocket carry if they are 2 layers or less. The 3layer 91mm and larger ones get put in a backpack or other traveling bag.

I always have a Vic Alox Soldier that just gets dropped in my pocket with my keys. I have quite a few Pioneers in different colors but really do not care for the lanyard ring.

I have 2 different Cadet's that live in jackets; they are in a zippered pocket on the chest. And I have a Farmer that lives in a backpak that I use when I bike ride.

I pocket and belt carry but I going to make one of those paracord loops when I go walking. Seen it on Survival on Purpose channel.

My Vic Tinker in my pocket at home and my Vic Deluxe Tinker in a belt pouch when going out.

Rich

Dangling inside LFP on a S-biner clipped to the pocket corner.

2016-03-28%2013.11.35_zpsnmtrfgpi.jpg

Depending on mood I either carry it suspended in the pocket on a Tec P7 clip or on a Paracord lanyard with a S-biner. I also I have a couple Pioneers with the tabs cut off that just get dropped in the pocket.

I EDC my Hunter Pro in its Victorinox olive drab green pouch, and love how the handle, blade, and pouch colors all perfectly come together for me.

I'm adding this tidbit today, Tuesday; above picture and comment I wrote on Sunday.
I just watched a video on my Hunter Pro, which was part of the marketing page for this blade at KnifeCenter. I've been carrying mine in the pouch vertically, but I prefer a horizontal carrying position. Did not realize that this pouch also provides for horizontal carry --- it was quite "hidden" from my elder eyes:rolleyes: until I looked it over after seeing the video. Duh and wow -- my Victorinox and pouch has just ramped up a notch or two in enjoyment for me!

Do you EDC your SAK in your pocket, pouch, on belt, bag, or other?

Last edited:
Back