How do you like the bushingless pivot of the Inkosi vs Sebenza?

Inkosi gets my vote. I do think the pivot bushing is definitely something that CRK should be proud of tho. Like @jfowler1 said other companies are still trying to figure it out.

In general my inkosi’s are smoother and feel better to me. They feel stouter and actually feel more hydraulic to me than the 21s. I do have one 21 that is a free dropper with no resistance whatsoever.

The 21 is easier to take just the blade and washers out. On a full takedown I think the Inkosi is by far simpler. I don’t have any problem adjusting mine and I normally don’t wait 24 hours for loctite to dry. I know some folks who use no loctite at all. I really don’t have to clean my inkosi’s very often tho

If it’s new, IMO, there’s not much difference in the two. It doesn’t take long to get a feel for how tight the pivot needs to be on the Inkosi,25 and Umnumzaan. As the knives age, it’s nice to have the option to adjust the pivot tightness. I’ve got some older Sebenza’s that would be nice to be able to snug up a bit. It may be the wear on the washers, but I really don’t want to replace the solid washer with the perforated ones.
The other thing is that you have to pay attention to the 21 when you put everything back together. It’s not difficult to get the stop pin sleeve and the pivot bushing mixed up.

Reactions: BJE
Pivot adjustment on most washer-based knives is a real pain in the butt. A micron this way or that and your choosing between a stifling action and blade play. I hate it.

Not so, with the Inkosi and Umnumzaan. Pivot adjustment is a piece of cake. I don’t know if it’s the big washers, the large pivot, or the pitch of the screw, but it’s easy. It makes me wonder why other makers can’t get it right.

I always use a tiny bit of low strength LocTite on the pivot. That doesn’t phase me at all, as I use LocTite on all sorts of fasteners.

ETA: I have a L21 Micarta with an action that’s amazing. I have a small Inkosi and a ‘Zaan that are even better.
That’s very helpful info and exactly what I was looking for.
While I don’t really mind adjusting the pivot tension on my other knives, I appreciate the bushing for being what it is, the extra mile gone to make as good a product as possible.
It’s nice to hear it carried over to the other models.

I quickly learned in my 21 that the action and overall fit is better after a full take down, if the blade and pivot are the last parts assembled.
I started out first trying to line everything up by the blade pivot as I have done with all other knives, but after a few attempts discovered that doing it backwards results in a better fitment.

I dislike the bushing for the sole fact that it's about impossible to get anyone to work on 'em. Bring up a reblade on a CRK with a bushing and most makers will shut you down right away or give you a quote of $1000+.

Back