How do you sharpen a fallkniven h1?

EDCguy

BANNED
I was looking at pictures of the H! on fallky's site and the pics look like it's a convex knife. In the descriction it makes it look like a scandi knife. Fallkniven only sells diamond plates and stones for thier knives which is what you would use for a scandi. I know the F1 model is convexed and it looks like alot of other knives are convexed. Is this knife convexed or scandi ground? Or a combo of them both?

Moved from General Knife Discussion to Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment, which where we discuss sharpening.

I have an H-1. It has a high flat grind with a convex edge. Sharpen it with a strop or mousepad. You can use a ceramic stone if you freehand it with a curved motion to follow the convexing.

My S1 is much easier to sharpen than I thought it would be. Don't let it get too dull in the first place , it'll be easier :D

Tostig

Convex grinds are easy enough to learn to sharpen, even on flat benchstones. Don't expect the surface finish to turn out pretty, though.

I was looking at pictures of the H! on fallky's site and the pics look like it's a convex knife. In the descriction it makes it look like a scandi knife. Fallkniven only sells diamond plates and stones for thier knives which is what you would use for a scandi. I know the F1 model is convexed and it looks like alot of other knives are convexed. Is this knife convexed or scandi ground? Or a combo of them both?

Pretty much all of Fallkniven is convex with a small micro bevel, including the H1.
Most people remove the micro bevel, to full convex.
And on the convex, sandpaper VS stone thing. It's a matter of preference, some feel its easier to convex with sandpaper and a mouse pad, some think its easier on a stone.
I do both depending on what mood I'm in :)

Back