How do you ship your knives?

When you have to mail a knife to someone, how do you package it? I have to mail a knife for the first time. I was thinking cardboard shipping tubes with a foam insert that holds the knife in place (sort of the same material pool noodles are made of and then you just slide the blade all the way into the foam), but I have a feeling I'm overcomplicating things.

i have been using the usps small mailing tubes and sending priority...usually comes out to 9 to 12$ and basically ships anywhere in US in 2 days. You can order them off usps.com
I stuff one end of the tube (its triangular) with newspaper. Secure the blade and especially tip firmly with a cardboard sheath and then roll the knife up in bubble wrap or newspaper and slid it in the tube, fill end with more newspaper. I close it up and use security tape on the seams. The package can take a literal beating and knife remains safe.

Kitchen knives go in custom boxes

Then a 6x6 priority mail triangle box with signature confirmation required

wrap appropriately with package wrapping as required

0cNWgow.jpg

Kitchen knives go in custom boxes

Then a 6x6 priority mail triangle box with signature confirmation required

wrap appropriately with package wrapping as required

HSC, where do you get those custom boxes? They look great.

HSC, where do you get those custom boxes? They look great.
My source isn’t available to the general public

you have to seek out a packaging company and order 100 or much less cost at 500

if u email me I can refer you

My source isn’t available to the general public

you have to seek out a packaging company and order 100 or much less cost at 500

if u email me I can refer you

That would be great, thank you. I just starting out so I'm not doing much volume yet, but I'd love to look into it to get started. What's your email?

Mine all ship in their custom made and fitted shipping/carrying container:

wK9xJ4T.jpg

fxRnuXg.jpg

cuorTBM.jpg

X3B1DvA.jpg

41UmFrV.jpg

uVtt3sO.jpg

Then several layers of bubblewrap, then a padded shipping envelope folded over on the knife and taped in position. Shipping label goes on the padded envelope. The padded envelope is provided by FED EX and so does USPS. We ship all domestic knives via FED EX or UPS (have had several knives stolen by USPS employees in the past). International shipments are by USPS. We've shipped thousands of knives all over the world in this manner and have only had one damaged. The packaging was still intact but the camel bone handle scale had been broken off on one side. Looked to be what might have been tire tracks on the envelope.

For shipping in the US, pay extra for a signature required delivery. I have had multiple packages lost or stolen.

I'm a big nerd and think that packaging / shipping should be an extension of the "experience". I've seen some people with massive presentations & i think this is the route i'll eventually pursue. People get boxes that are meant to be shipped, put stickers, coa etc in them, wrap them up, and print the labels on the box. Kind of like what the grimsbro's do.

Back