How does online trading work on bladeforums?

I am still a bit new here and want to trade knives, but I am not sure how this works exactly.
Lets say i wanted to trade my KnifeA and KnifeB for your KnifeC
Do I put a post in the trading forum and in the title I would put "Want to trade my KnifeA and KnifeB for your KnifeC" ?
Then in the message box I would describe the condition in the best detail as possible and include pictures if non paying members can; correct?
If someone does accept my trade offer then what do I do? do I send them my information right away? Do they send me their information first? Who sends the knife first? Do I have to provide tracking numbers?

Aside from answering these questions could someone please just describe the process of trading in great detail with all obvious information included as well?

As far as I know, there are no real rules. After you indicate what you have for trade and accept someone's offer, you just deal with the other party by email or PM and work out with them how you want to do it. You are right, you just state in the title something like "WTT my Delica for your mini-Grip", with WTT meaning "want to trade". And in the message box state what you want to do, and show a pic if you have one. However you do it is fine. Proper etiquette may call for you and the other party each to send out your items at about the same time, but I'm no expert on that.

A safeguard that I exercise is not to deal with anyone who does not have at least several hundred posts and 100% good feedback. But thats just me. :)

This may get moved to another forum. :thumbup:

You’ve basically got it down. Lets say you’ve got your two knives (knife A&B) and your looking for knife C. The first thing I would do is check the trade and sale forums to see if anyone has knife c available, if they do send them an email saying that you’ve got A & B would you be willing to trade? They might say yes or they might say no often you’ll get something like “I would be willing to trade my C for your knife B plus cash.

Since you don’t have feedback the other guy is going to want you to ship first. Generally until someone builds a good reputation and has some feedback they will have to ship their half of the trade first. Along those same lines since you are shipping first it would be best to pick someone who already has a history of good trades and smooth transactions.

Go through the threads on the Sale and trade forums, look at how the other members are handling things. This should give you a good idea of how it works.

Hope it helped, this might have been better off posted in the good the bad and the ugly.

Its all about trusting the other party in my experience, Ive never been burned in a trade here, but I know some people have. I always find it best for both traders to send the knives out at the same time and using the same shipping method with a tracking number.

Do you need to be a paying member to do this?

You don’t have to be a paying member to post in the trade forums, as apposed to the Sale forums where you need at least a gold membership.

Edit: to slow Pedicabdriver beat me to it.

Is there anything I need to click once a trade has been agreed upon? Or do I just rewrite the title as trade pending, etc.

Is there anything I need to click once a trade has been agreed upon? Or do I just rewrite the title as trade pending, etc.
Most people update to ‘trade pending’ in their description and then close the thread once the deal is done.

Back