How Fallkniven's laminated steel breaks

for whatever it's worth (probably not too much...), I do remember hearing that the 3G was really brittle.

if that was the case, I'd imagine the tip was the knife's particularly weak point - although this seems like it would go for most knives anyways

I guess this is part of why they say, and I do think this is accurate, busse/kin knives are even more "hard use" thank fällkniven.

I'm sure dropping my mega rat warden on more of less anything would pose more risk to what it got dropped on than the knife itself, but the darn thing is basically 1/3" of 52100 :rolleyes:

for whatever it's worth (probably not too much...), I do remember hearing that the 3G was really brittle.

if that was the case, I'd imagine the tip was the knife's particularly weak point - although this seems like it would go for most knives anyways

I guess this is part of why they say, and I do think this is accurate, busse/kin knives are even more "hard use" thank fällkniven.

I'm sure dropping my mega rat warden on more of less anything would pose more risk to what it got dropped on than the knife itself, but the darn thing is basically 1/3" of 52100 :rolleyes:
Certainly, Busses are very hard use. However, that said, there's not an unmodified Busse on the planet that can cut better than or even as good as its comparably-sized Fallkniven because of how thick they are behind the edge. I have a Busse B11 for chopping or just bashing the pi$$ out of something, but for pure cutting tasks, Fallkniven handily wins.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone with one of fällkniven's volcanos or modern bowies, about how they seem with the lamination.

I wonder if the large knives are even tougher, just based on increased mass?

:) Not a fair comparison . Not stainless and not the same $$$ . :confused:

lol very true. that should have been the disclaimer :)

although about cost, I might add that the MRW I got was about or less than the cost of a new F1 and the MRMD was about the cost of an A1

secondary market cost, and then it's entirely untrue again, or with Infi from Busse, but from the shop the prices are a bit more favorable for Bussekin than Fällkniven (disclaimer: there is some degree of subjective opinion that factors in here, mainly that the statement is more accurate when the one is purchasing bussekin's of comparable size with the first run discounts!)

Certainly, Busses are very hard use. However, that said, there's not an unmodified Busse on the planet that can cut better than or even as good as its comparably-sized Fallkniven because of how thick they are behind the edge. I have a Busse B11 for chopping or just bashing the pi$$ out of something, but for pure cutting tasks, Fallkniven handily wins.

I was actually really surprised with how well the MSW @ about 1/3" cut... I don't have a RMD, but other have said that the MSW and MRMD have a new grind that is much, much better than the standard Swamp Rat knives.

that said, I do agree overall - I love my Bushwacker to death, and @ 1/5" it's not even that thick compared to most Busse knives :rolleyes: but it has the "weird" half and half convex bevel/flat bevel edge and it is HORRIBLE at slicing

I basically plan to use it like splitting froe, at least until the zombie apocalypse begins or I need to wack down some manzanitas...

but what you are saying is really something, because most fällkniven knives aren't exactly 1/32" paring knives, yet it's very, very impressive how well the a1pro cuts!

~~~~

and everyone, please forgive me for bringing the bussekin vs. thing into this. Totally didn't mean to drag up that dead, rotten horse again :confused::oops:

Back