How fantastic is the Kapara?!?!?

Eljay2

Gold Member
Alright, so I own dozens of Spyderco knives. I also own dozens of Benchmade knives. 25 years or so of knife collecting can do this to a guy. It’s hard to give any one knife too much attention, and so many get a little lost in the collection. I have to say, though, that I was recently opening a few boxes that hadn’t been opened in a few months and one contained the Kapara. Hold crap the Kapara is a spectacular knife! From the design and materials, the fit and finish, the blade, the deep carry clip, the incredible action and the utility, the Kapara is a very very special knife.

Anyone else own one and love it as much as I do?

right as i clicked into the forum i was thinking "I need to look at the kapara more" after seeing one on the exchange...and now your thread!

gotta be karma!

I loved my preCQI kapara a lot. The design is pretty flawless (minus the pivot which is corrected now). Hoping we get a mini and/or slipjoint version like there are rumors about.

Not my cup of tea. Have passed on it since it was 1st released.

If you've read Spyderco's description of the knife, you already know that it was mainly designed as a office lunch counter food prep knife, which has absolutely no appeal to me.

spc241cfp$01-spyderco.jpg

I have many other knives w/a similar blade design and ergos, including the Kershaw Bareknuckle, which can be purchased for a fraction of the price.

iu

FWIW, I think the Amalgam, which I also own among over 130 other Spydercos, is better than the Kapara.

c234cfp.1__22563.1566585951.jpg

So, I personally have no need for or desire to own a Kapara but if others think it is the best knife ever, so be it. Your $, your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 353
my only complaint, and it's very minor, I think the spydiehole finish is too sharp. but that's personal preference and easily remedied. I really hope we see some premium sprints in the future.

I think it is a beautiful knife and when I find one for a good price it will be mine. I don't really pay much attention to what a knife is designed for(within limits of course)but whether it will fill a need of mine. I have my thrasher knives, protection knives and I just love it knives.

I hear you about the advertising, but from my perspective, the knife doesn't seem like a food prep knife. I never use my knives for food prep. In either case, nice knives you posted....

Not my cup of tea. Have passed on it since it was 1st released.

If you've read Spyderco's description of the knife, you already know that it was mainly designed as a office lunch counter food prep knife, which has absolutely no appeal to me.

spc241cfp$01-spyderco.jpg

I have many other knives w/a similar blade design and ergos, including the Kershaw Bareknuckle, which can be purchased for a fraction of the price.

iu

FWIW, I think the Amalgam, which I also own among over 130 other Spydercos, is better than the Kapara.

c234cfp.1__22563.1566585951.jpg

So, I personally have no need for or desire to own a Kapara but if others think it is the best knife ever, so be it. Your $, your choice.

my only complaint, and it's very minor, I think the spydiehole finish is too sharp. but that's personal preference and easily remedied. I really hope we see some premium sprints in the future.

Right. I take a stone to all of the holes...

From the design and materials, the fit and finish, the blade, the deep carry clip, the incredible action and the utility, the Kapara is a very very special knife.

Anyone else own one and love it as much as I do?

Definitely one of the best new Spydercos released in the last few years. The ergos, Cutting edge, Appearance, And Fit and finish are a home run.

Would love to see a Sprint run with LC200N and/or a version with micarta scales 20CV !

I think it is a beautiful knife and when I find one for a good price it will be mine. I don't really pay much attention to what a knife is designed for(within limits of course)but whether it will fill a need of mine. I have my thrasher knives, protection knives and I just love it knives.
I agree with this. I used my kapara the break down boxes. I liked how slim it was in pocket and great action as well. My only complaint was deep carry (prefer shallow)

I’d love to get one of these in hand one day.

The sweeping belly makes the Kapara an attractive design.

I got rid of mine because I didn’t care for the smooth carbon fiber. If it was the peel-ply variety, I may have kept it.

I had the same issue. On paper it seemed like the perfect blade for me. Once in hand it felt too slick and too “gentlemanly”. I only pocketed it a few times and was afraid to use it because it I didn’t want to beat it up.

On the other hand I got my Siren two weeks ago and it has never left my side. I even carried swimming in a saltwater bay for 4hrs. This thing is a keeper.

Back