How long for this new batch of knives to ship?

I ordered one a few days ago and assumed they were ready to go. I'ts no big deal. I can wait. I was just wondering what the eta was.

Thanks

I had to wait 12 weeks for my GSO 3.5 to be shipped from time of ordering. For what you're getting, that wait time isn't so bad.

Their site says 5-15 business days, so that's about 1-3 weeks, but you will hear most people's feedback being closer to 4-6 weeks.

My 4.1 took about 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Oh, wow. OK.

I'll have to find something else to play with while I wait.

I got pretty worked up waiting for mine, and it still lived up to my own hype when I finally got my hands on it, so yeah, if you can manage to forget about it, you'll have an awesome little surprise waiting for you in a month, month and a half

I was curious about this as well...
I ordered my first Survive! (a 5.1) on 9/5/14 , and just ordered a 3.5 on 9/12/14. They're so popular I decided to grab one while they were available!
6 - 8 weeks is not bad at all, if you consider the knives are finished and built by hand for your order. I'm hoping to cut up some turkey with mine! :D

Their site says 5-15 business days, so that's about 1-3 weeks, but you will hear most people's feedback being closer to 4-6 weeks.

My 4.1 took about 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Seriously? Even when the knives are "in stock"?

While I am aware that they are hand made , what is the process? It would seem that the blanks are complete and scales and sharpening are the only applications which require time.
What is the process otherwise?

While I am aware that they are hand made , what is the process? It would seem that the blanks are complete and scales and sharpening are the only applications which require time.

Being a small American business without having millions in overhead.

Yep. All of the materials are in stock but we do all the building and sharpening. Right now, we only have one person sharpening the edges. The knives are getting to be known for their out of box sharpness, that is because Guy is very particular about the edges. It takes time and skill. There are also a lot of other tasks we have to tackle and with only 3 of us here there are often not enough hours in the day.

We are hoping to be down to a shorter wait time soon. For one thing, after these Necker IIs we won't have any more large batches of preorders to get through.

Yep. All of the materials are in stock but we do all the building and sharpening. Right now, we only have one person sharpening the edges. The knives are getting to be known for their out of box sharpness, that is because Guy is very particular about the edges. It takes time and skill. There are also a lot of other tasks we have to tackle and with only 3 of us here there are often not enough hours in the day.

We are hoping to be down to a shorter wait time soon. For one thing, after these Necker IIs we won't have any more large batches of preorders to get through.

Well, that is understandable. Your knives appear to be of exceptional quality. I've got a 4.1 and the 5.1 is on the way now. I get it , quality takes time. Looking forward to receiving that 5.1. Deer season is around the corner and Elk Seasons is here

In stock. 5 to 15 days became 12+ weeks on the 3.5. I ordered. Although I was told next week twice when ask I for an update. Still pissed.

Nice people. Shitty forcasters.

I just got dinged for my pre-order NeckerII's :) They should be here in a few days. I ordered them last October :D Among Busse-owners, they joke about "two weeks" lead-time meaning just about anything. From them, i got used to making the investment and waiting for the dividend/interest to surprise me (i.e. a knife nicer than what i paid for). So far never been disappointed in S!K products or their customer service. But they definitely could use more staff. i look forward to seeing what the company is doing in a couple of years when the move is complete and hiring has begun again. But yeah, not so good with forecasting :rolleyes:

I got my 5.1 after 6 weeks. I just ordered a 3.5 today and really hope it ships fast so I can field dress some deer with it.

I'm not worried about it. I just waited 9 months for an HDS flashlight to show up and another 2 weeks having the led swapped out. Perfection takes time.

I just got dinged for my pre-order NeckerII's :) They should be here in a few days. I ordered them last October :D Among Busse-owners, they joke about "two weeks" lead-time meaning just about anything. From them, i got used to making the investment and waiting for the dividend/interest to surprise me (i.e. a knife nicer than what i paid for). So far never been disappointed in S!K products or their customer service. But they definitely could use more staff. i look forward to seeing what the company is doing in a couple of years when the move is complete and hiring has begun again. But yeah, not so good with forecasting :rolleyes:

I wish more staff was as simple of an answer as it sounds. The problem is not simply more people. The people we do hire need to have a keen eye for detail. As most of you know, we are very particular about every knife. The practice around here is to 100% QC every time you have something in your hand. SURVIVE! employees also have to have a mechanical mindset and be skilled beyond just assembling parts. We have even had a hard time finding people who can assemble without marring the fasteners. Now consider those hair shaving edges, Guy is the only one here who sharpens to our standard and his efforts to train a grinding assistant have been futile so far. Most of our in house delays are because we have one person standing on concrete, hunched over all day, staring at things less than a foot away. That one person is often getting paid the least while being here the earliest and latest, 7 days a week.

From the time you place your order until it ships, that is on us and sometimes that takes longer than it should. That is why we have the box on the checkout page letting people know that when we have a lot of orders suddenly, it may take longer to fill each one.

As for production and things like the Necker II preorders, we go by experience and what our suppliers tell us. Guy is an optimist so yes, he is often wrong. But it is usually because of fluke instances that are beyond our control. What we need is machines so that we have more accountability for the finishing of the knives. In recent months we've seen a lot of 2nds which could have been easily avoided if we had eyes on the blades sooner. Some of those have been, or are being, fixed here by hand but that adds to the delay. If we had less people around here in the past maybe we would have had those machines already, and been able to avoid some of the delays. But as it is, here we are, doing our best.

I wish more staff was as simple of an answer as it sounds. The problem is not simply more people ..[snip]... But as it is, here we are, doing our best.

:thumbup: Keep up the hard work, Ellie, the product is more than satisfactory. How soon until you abandon your current suite and move west? Are you going along or is Guy on his own? Please don't burn out before next year, we want this company to stick around a while :cool:

I'm not worried about it. I just waited 9 months for an HDS flashlight to show up and another 2 weeks having the led swapped out. Perfection takes time.

You have me curious now because I am also a big fan of compact, very bright flashlights. Link?

Ellie- yes , please do not burn out. I have a new fav knife and would hate to see all of you just throw in the towel after a few years. Great product.

Back