How long have y’all been onboard

15 years. Don’t see too many from that far back anymore, certainly not 1998 vintage members.

Since 2006. My first knives after joining:
- CS Recon Scout
- Camillus Heat
- Leatherman Wave
- Benchmade Griptilian 551
- Spyderco Pacific Salt

Been since Nov 2005 or working on 15 years. This is about when I got a DSL internet connection and could enjoy online pictures more easily. What's changed? Got a lot older. But more importantly, I got a lot more knives.

Well, I was young and studley back then; now I have a few more knives and have enjoyed this site for many years.

n2s

20 years.

I now have two boys, 20 and 18, who are also fellow knife knuts.

I don't know how many knives I have bought, sold, kept and given away.

It's in the thousands I suspect.

I remember when I first joined. We were raising three kids and my wife was a stay at home mom. I always said if I could by a MT D/A Socom, a Halo and a Sebenza I would be set for life . 22 years later we have 3 college grads , three married kids and 2 grands. And by the grace of God and hard work I have more high end useless knives than I could ever have dreamed, not complaining, still love the hobbies

I first bought a knife from a gent on the forums in 1997. I lived in Connecticut at the time and didn't have home internet, but found the site at work.

Back then I was mainly a Ryan, Emerson, and Brend fan (tactical was real popular). Around 2000, I realized that I never used, or even carried, the vast majority of my knives and wasn't buying many knives until about 2004. Since about 2007 I've been mainly into traditional pocket knives.

I continue to lurk here and have really enjoyed the site for over 20 years!

Thanks and regards to all!

My profile says 1999, but I’m pretty sure it was late 1998. Either way, 21 years is a long time. IIRC, this was the first online forum I ever joined, and is only one of four I belong to.

Jim

Guess I gotta post to check...

ETA: Nov 2001. Long time. Seems like I was on before that though...

about 3 years i think.
have always carried and used knives for lots of reasons
decided I wanted to up my sharpening game and got to searching the webs - it led me here and now I'm stuck

2016, after it became obvious that Cold Steel's own forum was going to shut down (had been on there from the beginning).

2003, started out hanging in the Schrade forum, now it's "The Porch" and some other subs. I'm a lot poorer also, thanks a lot!

Back