• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How long would you wait before disputing through PayPal?

Cool beans. Have fun with that!

It wasn't more than a month and one thing he is completely failing to tell anybody on here so that we had much more conversation than he is letting on but gotta blame someone for the tears right?

Hahahah such a joke. I'm out and don't give a flying frick about it either lol.

I'm not in Grass Valley. GV is the closest named town to where I am. Washington, CA that's my town. The money is in my account, bills were paid therefore money was mine. Knives are his and weren't going anywhere but to him. Deal done.

As I said, I don't give a rats behind about any of this anyway. He's a whiner and can't deal with the fact that shite happens when liberal governments shut your crap down over something that doesn't exist. Oh well lol.

The deal isn't done until the knives are shipped and received in proper condition. You can not arbitrarily decide to ship whenever it suits you. A day or two, no big problem 2 1/2 months(3/1-5/18) ridiculous. If there is going to be a delay you need to communicate that to the buyer and he can agree or ask for the return of his money. It is best done before money is even exchanged. You can't just decide by yourself it is OK. Many will work with you if it is explained what the problem is, but that is up to them, not you.

I did not decide when to ship on my accord. He knew that they shut down my local post office from the get go and actually agreed with waiting. Therefore that is moot. I didn't decide anything on my own.

Cool beans. Have fun with that!

It wasn't more than a month and one thing he is completely failing to tell anybody on here so that we had much more conversation than he is letting on but gotta blame someone for the tears right?

Hahahah such a joke. I'm out and don't give a flying frick about it either lol.

He gave us his side of the story. If it is wrong, fill in the gaps.

We can only go by what each party decides to give us. He gave us a time frame and you haven't really given us much beyond he is a whiner and you could not ship, even though you shipped other stuff after he bought.

The money is in my account, bills were paid therefore money was mine. Knives are his and weren't going anywhere but to him. Deal done.
Wrong, on BF a deal isn't done until both parties are happy...and he obviously wasn't as he hadn't received the knives he paid for.

Funny how all of the other people I have been dealing with that are in the same position have read this thread and think it's a joke as well. Says something about his character.

They are welcome to chime in and "vouch" for you, but until then it's just hearsay.

Now does this look like he wasn't informed or that he disagreed to the situation?

Screenshots removed, contains home address.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to fill in the gaps that would be helpful. Just dismissing it doesn't help much.
In the end if he has agreed to accepting the knives and you leave-that covers the bases. If you care to stay you may need to explain more.

Quote removed.

When did you ship the Schatt & Morgan to safetyman?

Was there any correspondence with the OP after the PM you posted here? If not, that is indeed more than a month of patience.

Quote removed.

So during the last month and half you were unable to ship and unable to communicate. You couldn’t find the time to drive to adjacent town, or to find a UPS or Fedex office? That’s kind of thin. You’re not sitting on a remote island dependent on a supply boat that drops in every 3 months; there really are plenty of alternatives; so why the paralysis?

I have been trading knives weekly over the last 8 weeks and if anything the shipments are moving faster than expected.

n2s

Here is the PayPal conversation where he is in agreeance that he will accept the knives.

Conversation removed, contains home address.

No I'm not on an island but I also was not working until they finally opened up everything again and couldn't make the drive and waste the little fuel we had. None of you went through what we did here so explaining it won't likely do much good but oh well. It is what it is.

There was nothing between April 1st and May 11th as I wasn't even online during then dealing with my father's Hospice Care and his passing. I'm not going into any further details about that. It's too damned soon to open that wound up again.

If I was ever considering a dispute, I’d give the person a warning as a last attempt to get their act together, and if no response or plan to make things right within 24 hours I’d file a dispute.

I don't usually care to get involved in stuff like this but I feel like I should post my experience.
I purchased this knife from robertj1.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...k-1-hardship-sale-sold.1719440/#post-19634640

Have not received the knife yet but he has been in communication with me about what has been going on. Personally I feel like with everything going on with covid 19 he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I am more than happy to wait given the situation.

There was nothing between April 1st and May 11th as I wasn't even online during then dealing with my father's Hospice Care and his passing. I'm not going into any further details about that. It's too damned soon to open that wound up again.

No need for details -Sorry for your loss

But you should have kept up some communication . When buyers stop hearing from the seller, and have yet to receive their items, they get nervous. After this much delay it doesn't take much
Other than having some strange ideas about when the deal is done, that it is your money, and who is responsible for your bills and late payment, it sounds like a lack of communication in the later stages and difficulties due to lock down accounted for the problem. I think you could have communicated better-going black was not good, and you may have been able to get around the lock down difficulties -maybe not, but I am not sure you utilized every means.
Hopefully the buyer gets his knife and is satisfied

Back