• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How long would you wait before disputing through PayPal?

I don't usually care to get involved in stuff like this but I feel like I should post my experience.
I purchased this knife from robertj1.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...k-1-hardship-sale-sold.1719440/#post-19634640

Have not received the knife yet but he has been in communication with me about what has been going on. Personally I feel like with everything going on with covid 19 he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I am more than happy to wait given the situation.

Unfortunately, when you pay friends and family, you have no other recourse but to wait and hope for a positive outcome.

n2s

I am curious, how do you manage to ship a knife today for Traumkommide, and forget to ship the other knife to Nathan, who has been waiting nearly as long? Was their a quota for service at UPS and USPS?

n2s

Thanks for outing the clown so I can add another deserving member to my ever expanding Ignore List. 1/10 the effort here communicating with the Buyer would of prevented this mess.

No response until the Buyer files a complaint with PayPal then 20 minutes and your in touch- Yeah..........

Update - didn't respond to me but was online on BF. I submit the dispute through PayPal and within 20 minutes, he responds both through PayPal and on here, ANGRILY, that he hasn't been on BF because he's dealing with funeral arrangements, and will take off work Monday to ship the knives because he has to drive to another town to do it and how all the other people he has sold and not shipped to are okay and I'm the only one and yadda yadda...

Honestly, if that were true, I'd sympathize. But I just don't feel like it's the truth.

This is some amateur hour nonsense. Funny, he didn't have any issues that stopped him from taking your money or from trying to sell you additional things. I'd get the money back, out him here (I haven't read the whole thread yet) and then block him.

:D:D:D

The lawyer chapter from the scam playbook. Following it to a T.

I love the guys that have "financial issues" but have lawyers on retainer (chasing late fees for utility bills). Does he actually have a firm enough footing in reality to know how stupid that sounds??

Most people who threaten to contact "their lawyer" over situations where they're clearly in the wrong tend to be the sorts of people who get all their understanding of the law from TV shows they've seen.

What's interesting to me is how his bills were magically due on the same day as you opened that dispute and froze his money. LOL

Oh I'm here. Funny thing is dude is quick to engage is defamation yet has zero concern with what other may be going through especially here in liberal run California. Whatever. His knives have been shipped through UPS as well as the other couple customers that have patiently waited with me through this as they are in California as well and know how hard we've been hit here. If others don't want to believe about how badly our governor has screwed us in this state...come on over here and experience it for yourself. I have never once in my entire life screwed anyone over. On top of that he wants to comment saying that I was browsing the for sale threads...my browser was automatically sent to that page when I clicked my bookmarks to come back to this forum, immediately after coming back I was engaged in conversation. Do with it as you will.

In regards to my attorney, my attorney has always been on retainer from my injury case. We can play that game however PayPal has already been contacted by them and any late fees associated with my bills will be redeemed. Oh well, I'm sorry we live in a time where when something goes wrong in society and someone has their hands tied the other party whines because they haven't gotten what they want immediately eventhough it is out of the other person's hand. I explained to everyone exactly what was going on and all but the particular person knows the exact situation from experience with this Covid lie we are all living through and not a one of them aside from this particular individual has had a problem. Maybe watch the news and learn about how bad California is before you start badmouthing and defaming a person.

Have a good one.

Several weeks isn't "immediately". Glad you're leaving, we definitely do not need more scambags on this forum. I'll end with some advice: stop blaming external forces for your internal problems.

...I have no internal problems but thanks again for your completely unwanted advice.

Last edited:
It would be nice to get some closure on this thread. Did anyone receive what they were owed?

n2s

Hey buddy, pay your bills with your Paypal yet? You know, the ones that were magically due on the same day that OP opened the Paypal dispute? LOL

Not trying to get in the middle of this, but your sarcastic remarks aren’t value added here. If you have something to say, why not just say it clear and directly. No need to play games for entertainment.

Boru13 Boru13
Are there any rules regarding the public posting of other member's addresses? Maybe traumkommode traumkommode would want some of the screenshots edited?
Names and addresses of scammers have been posted before, obviously that’s not the case with traumkommode traumkommode .

I’ll take care of the edit once I’m home and on my computer, my phone will not allow me to edit the way I would like.

Not trying to get in the middle of this, but your sarcastic remarks aren’t value added here. If you have something to say, why not just say it clear and directly. No need to play games for entertainment.

:)

Wow...so he agreed to have the package delivered it gets delivered and then has UPS return it. So childish.

Oh I'm here. Funny thing is dude is quick to engage is defamation yet has zero concern with what other may be going through especially here in liberal run California. Whatever. His knives have been shipped through UPS as well as the other couple customers that have patiently waited with me through this as they are in California as well and know how hard we've been hit here. If others don't want to believe about how badly our governor has screwed us in this state...come on over here and experience it for yourself. I have never once in my entire life screwed anyone over. On top of that he wants to comment saying that I was browsing the for sale threads...my browser was automatically sent to that page when I clicked my bookmarks to come back to this forum, immediately after coming back I was engaged in conversation. Do with it as you will.

In regards to my attorney, my attorney has always been on retainer from my injury case. We can play that game however PayPal has already been contacted by them and any late fees associated with my bills will be redeemed. Oh well, I'm sorry we live in a time where when something goes wrong in society and someone has their hands tied the other party whines because they haven't gotten what they want immediately eventhough it is out of the other person's hand. I explained to everyone exactly what was going on and all but the particular person knows the exact situation from experience with this Covid lie we are all living through and not a one of them aside from this particular individual has had a problem. Maybe watch the news and learn about how bad California is before you start badmouthing and defaming a person.

Have a good one.

I also live in California. About an hour and a half away from Grass Valley. I think our governor is doing a fine job of dealing with the pandemic. I have also sold off a major portion of my GEC collection over the past few weeks. Haven't had to leave my house except to go out to the mailman and hand him some prepaid small flat rate boxes. I think I've shipped 20+ some knives recently.

Things aren't bad in California at all. You are using this pandemic as an excuse.

Back