• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How long would you wait before disputing through PayPal?

I never offered to ship any "other" knives than what he purchased. That was never said nor brought up.
This is a cut and paste from page one. Hope you get this sorted out so both parties are satisfied.

Didn't ship all week, but kept offering me other knives he had posted for sale

I'm sure there are perfectly plausible explanations for everything that has occurred. But, if I were in the buyers position - I would have gotten aggravated way before he did. And if I had to open a dispute with paypal to get ANY action on the matter - I would not trust what was in that box. I'm sure it was all straight up - but what happens if the carrier scans a package delivered that has a rock in it? If the buyer opens in and says "hey, I got a rock"; it is his word against the sellers. If he hands the box right back to the carrier and says "nope, don't want it" - there is no concern whatsoever and the deal is reversed. Everyone goes their own way.

Sometimes things are good, sometimes they are not. You don't know until you open that box. But way too much stuff could have been done differently over the last couple months for the buyer to have a completely comfortable feeling about accepting that box. The box will probably start being tracked back to the seller tonight and all will be well. That is exactly how I would have handled it in his position. Who wants to have to remember this fiasco every time he gets his knife out to rub it...

I'm sure there are perfectly plausible explanations for everything that has occurred. But, if I were in the buyers position - I would have gotten aggravated way before he did. And if I had to open a dispute with paypal to get ANY action on the matter - I would not trust what was in that box. I'm sure it was all straight up - but what happens if the carrier scans a package delivered that has a rock in it? If the buyer opens in and says "hey, I got a rock"; it is his word against the sellers. If he hands the box right back to the carrier and says "nope, don't want it" - there is no concern whatsoever and the deal is reversed. Everyone goes their own way.

Sometimes things are good, sometimes they are not. You don't know until you open that box. But way too much stuff could have been done differently over the last couple months for the buyer to have a completely comfortable feeling about accepting that box. The box will probably start being tracked back to the seller tonight and all will be well. That is exactly how I would have handled it in his position. Who wants to have to remember this fiasco every time he gets his knife out to rub it...

Yep. I’ve gotten rid of the few knives I got in deals that went sour. Every time I looked at the knives I wanted to put em in a vice and snap em with a pipe.

Instead, they went to loving new homes.

Ok so now it's returning. Instead of doing exactly what he agreed upon which was accepting the package in the PayPal case he has gone against his word and returned it without ANY communication to anyone or any of the entities. Very childish. Oh well. To the trash they go.

Woohoo! Thanks for your unwanted comments sweetheart!

He was simply stating the obvious. I would’ve sent your sh!t back to you too, and I’m guessing I’m not alone.

So, now that you’ve destroyed your rep, was it worth not following through or communicating? You don’t seem to have responded until your PayPal got locked up. The OP was a hell of a lot more patient than I would’ve been.

Sorry about your problems RobertJ1 RobertJ1 but you do yourself no favors with the tough guy talk and name calling. A simple apology for the late shipping and a refund would have salvaged much of your reputation here. Instead you took the low road and most likely have alienated every potential buyer who sees this thread.

The OP returned your knives without opening them because he obviously wants his money back and does not want you to claim that he damaged or switched them out with knives of lesser value.

we have seen it all here. This is THE most valuable part of Bladeforums and the knife community as a whole because of that fact.

whether you intended to scam the OP or not, you raised nearly every single red flag in this one transaction.

You DON’T get to spend the money until the buyer gets their knives. What if he wanted to return them? You were in no position to refund his payment. At the least, you should have communicated much better than you did. The longer you keep someone waiting and wondering about where their knife is the more likely something like this will occur.

Until you responded I was positive you were a thief. Once you did, I think you are just somewhat selfish, juvenile and kind of clueless about how things really work.

I didn't agree to accept the knives once I filed the Paypal claim. Dispute stage is different from claim stage. Dispute is discussion, claim is, "I'm done and this is what I want to happen."

PayPal took until this morning to make a ruling, but I filed the claim FOR A REFUND last Friday after I had had the last straw, and stopped communicating with the seller then. The Seller put them in UPS on Monday. When I found out that the dispute went to a refund, I called UPS this morning, after they were out for delivery, to put in a pre-emptive return to seller, as I had an appointment in town at 1pm and didn't know if I would be here to refuse the package myself. The driver didn't get notified, and dropped the package off on the porch. UPS called me almost immediately after that and told me to grab it and bring it by the distribution center when I could, which is what I did. I'm just now settling down, it's been a long, busy day. I'm not sure if I actually owed you that much explanation, but I hope it's satisfactory and you'll put your eyebrows down. I checked in with a whole bunch of people before making this decision, and the advice and "I would..." statements were pretty unanimous.

@Boru13 thank you for removing my address from this clearly public venue. Thank you @r8shell for catching it.

Actually I have documentation from the PayPal conversation that says you did agree to accept the knives.

Hahahah this is too funny. It's hilarious that people think I care about a reputation on a forum lol.

Fact of the matter is you did agree to accept the package as is documented via PayPal. No further communication shows a shady situation. Whatever...I personally don't give a rats a**. I truthfully don't care one tiny bit about a reputation on a forum.

He was simply stating the obvious. I would’ve sent your sh!t back to you too, and I’m guessing I’m not alone.

So, now that you’ve destroyed your rep, was it worth not following through or communicating? You don’t seem to have responded until your PayPal got locked up. The OP was a hell of a lot more patient than I would’ve been.
:cool: cool guy

Ok so now it's returning. Instead of doing exactly what he agreed upon which was accepting the package in the PayPal case he has gone against his word and returned it without ANY communication to anyone or any of the entities. Very childish. Oh well. To the trash they go.

Trash huh; what did you send? A box of rocks?

You are not adding to your credibility.

n2s

Nope not rocks. I was not out to scam anyone. A Schatt & Morgan three blade whittler in Elk and a Hen & Rooster splitback whittler in Emerald green bone. I'll post video if you really want so you can see when they return of the delivery, opening etc. I have nothing to hide.

Nope not rocks. I was not out to scam anyone. A Schatt & Morgan bthree blade whittler in Elk and a Hen & Rooster splitback whittler in Emerald green bone. I'll post video if you really want so you can see when they return of the delivery, opening etc. I have nothing to hide.

Your credibility (lack of) leaves anything you say suspect. But look forward to the video ( what in a month or two)
Ignore button for you :poop:

Hahahah this is too funny. It's hilarious that people think I care about a reputation on a forum lol.

Fact of the matter is you did agree to accept the package as is documented via PayPal. No further communication shows a shady situation. Whatever...I personally don't give a rats a**. I truthfully don't care one tiny bit about a reputation on a forum.

your reputation is ALL you have on this forum. Good luck selling knives here in the future. Like i said, read more and post much much less and you will see how far reaching a poor reputation on this forum actually is.

your reputation is ALL you have on this forum. Good luck selling knives here in the future. Like i said, read more and post much much less and you will see how far reaching a poor reputation on this forum actually is.
:thumbsup:

Back